Gold map book for gippsland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronpatrol

Cameron
Reaction score
Hi all
Search didnt come up with much
So sorry if it has been brought up before
Im after a book of gippsland gold mines and maps if there is one.
Having been on geovic and going to marks and finding spots is good but 99 percent of the time its a different type of mine or part of a processing plant etc
So I bought if there was a book thats actually worth spending some money on or looking in the local library.
Cheers cam

Hi,
Ive been trying to post a picture of some books Ive got at home on the Gippsland area. I cant get the photo up because the file is too big so Im trying to compress it to upload for you to make your search easier. But until then, here are the titles of the books.
They contain history of the areas and information about the pioneers and gold rush info there are some maps included in there but they are old and I was told some names on current maps have changed.
Also some of these books like Jericho is very difficult to get your hands on.

Jericho on the Jordan - a Gippsland goldfield history by J.G Rogers

Donnellys creek -from rush to ruin of a Gippsland mountain goldfield by Luke Steenhuis

Rediscovering Victorias goldfields by John Bechervaise

Gold for the finding - a pictorial history of Gippslands Jordon goldfields
By Owen F. Tomlin
Marysusan Bosa
Peter G Chamberlain

Hope one or more of these might be of use to you. I havent had a chance to sit and study them yet but we arent far from Jericho and Donnellys area. So it should be fun when I do get there ;)

Mumma Ratsy said:
Hi,
Also some of these books like Jericho is very difficult to get your hands on.

Jericho on the Jordan - a Gippsland goldfield history by J.G Rogers

Donnellys creek -from rush to ruin of a Gippsland mountain goldfield by Luke Steenhuis

Rediscovering Victorias goldfields by John Bechervaise

Gold for the finding - a pictorial history of Gippslands Jordon goldfields
By Owen F. Tomlin
Marysusan Bosa
Peter G Chamberlain

Hope one or more of these might be of use to you. I havent had a chance to sit and study them yet but we arent far from Jericho and Donnellys area. So it should be fun when I do get there ;)

Good books, great area, no prospecting there though.

Adventurermaps.com.au have many gold maps and books on the Gipplsand area you are wanting including the Donnelly's Creek book in which they have re-published.