what is the strangest unexplained event you have experienced

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't talking about gay stuff, just some old dude walking through a tree.
It was a big tree and he clearly went through it.

Well if ever there was a goldfield likely to be haunted the Buckland would be it. Between anti Chinese Riots and Typhiod outbreaks. And death by misadventure there would be a lot of restless souls in that valley...... If I believed in such a thing. ;)

BigWave said:
Only things around here atm that go bump at night are possums in the roof and my backside.
Would be good to have some UFOs and ghosts show up though.
I've a fairly cleared area here - enough for your average sized UFO or itinerant ghouls, so if they want to drop in we could have a few ales and talk the universe.
PM me if you want landing coordinates. Beers waiting.

BW. Be careful what you ask for.

Hey Jethro, I don't believe in that sort of thing but I really can't explain that one away.
I was close enough to see that he didn't go in front or behind the tree, he just went clean through it.
I am a known piss head, but only had one or two by that stage.

Occasional_panner said:
I wasn't talking about gay stuff, just some old dude walking through a tree.
It was a big tree and he clearly went through it.

That's funny and I agree old dude's walking through tree's is not gay...... Even if it includes a woody thing. :D

madtuna said:
Crop circles etc... I'm pretty confident that if some alien life form has invented the technology to travel at or faster than the speed of light, they wouldn't waste that flying down here to chuck donuts in some pommy farmers corn field.

They caught the blokes that were doing the crop circles, it was all a hokes,

jethro said:
Well if ever there was a goldfield likely to be haunted the Buckland would be it. Between anti Chinese Riots and Typhiod outbreaks. And death by misadventure there would be a lot of restless souls in that valley...... If I believed in such a thing. ;)

I posted an a story about Margret diggings in the NT, Grove hill area a few years back, can't find it now, but the crux of the story went something like, a trooper and his guide (tracker) rode to MD on horse back, by all accounts it was a terrible trip, with spear grass all the way, very hot and humid.
As they approached the diggings, they rode past a dead Chinese digger. When the owner was confronted, he tries to get the trooper on the whiskey, but the trooper was more concerned about the body. No claimed to know anything about it, so he took the body to the gambling house and strapped to one of the pillars inside, and waited for someone to remove it, then he could get an ID on him. Apparently a family member would always look after the body.
Many many died up here as down south as well.
One grim job was the custom s officer at fanny bay, who had to crack the bones of skeletons being sent back to China with a hammer, as the hollows were often filled with gold. Same with ashes in urns, they were weighed, and if over a certain weight, were emptied and gold recovered.
They were hard men in those days. I can't imagine what the conditions would have been like in the 1870,s at bloody Pine Creek! They're not great now ffs!

AussieChris said:
My older sister (who still talks about this) was home from school with a cold, both mum & dad worked and I was in daycare or preschool. She had been in her room in bed watching tv and had decided to take a nap, she woke to the sound of someone in the kitchen, the clink of a teaspoon on a cup and the kettle boiling. She thought our mother was home and called out "Hi mum, can you please make me a cup of tea too?" there was no response, so she called out to mum again and rolled over in bed to see what she describes as a figure of an old lady standing in the door of her room, she says the figure was not quite corporeal, and that the woman put her finger up to her lips and said "Shhhhh, go back to bed dear" my sister freaked out and hid under her covers until mum got home with me around 4 pm.

Had a similar experience to the first part of your story.

It was in the late 1990s in an old Victorian house in Ballarat that I'd bought in the early 1990's. It was on a big block and the agent said I could knock it down and put four units on it. I said I was not buying a heritage house just to demolish it.

The house was a typical Victorian cottage with a hall up the guts with rooms off it - the living room and my bedroom being the middle two rooms opposite each other. It was early evening in summer and still light when I'd returned from a few days in Melbourne visiting friends.

I walked in the back door through the built in verandah and past the kitchen and had bags in both hands which I deposited in my bedroom and then went into the living room and sat on the lounge to have a cigarette. I was a few drags into the cig when I heard the electric kettle on the bench next to the sink come to the boil and click off. There was no way I'd put it on as my hands were full when I'd gone past the kitchen. I just figured it was the house's way of welcoming me home.

My other experience in that house was more like the second part of your story and less benevolent.

Same house one summer morning in the late 1990, early as it was getting light before 6am, I was lying in bed with my back to the open bedroom door that led into the hallway and facing the window.

I was dozing with my eyes shut and not dreaming when I distinctly heard "SHALL WE SHOW HIM" (still gives me goosebumps when I am typing this). I thought perhaps I had burglars. Immediately my eyes snapped open and I reached for the aboriginal nulla nulla club I kept next to the bed. Leaping from the bed totally starkers, I charged straight into the hallway before clearing the house room by room from the front rooms to the rear. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. All doors and windows locked and secure. No evidence of anything out of the ordinary.

No other weird experiences in that house for the next 6 or so years before I sold it. Although the bloke I sold it too told me a year later that he found a grenade under the house when doing renovations and extensions.