Revealing test of Nokta Impact outperforms CTX, Deus and AT Gold/Pro.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the impact will struggle to match up to the might and power of the Equinox.....It's going to really turn some heads out in the Goldfields, it's going to be the best vlf ever released for nugget finding, Impact Shmpact.

OldGT said:
I think the impact will struggle to match up to the might and power of the Equinox.....It's going to really turn some heads out in the Goldfields, it's going to be the best vlf ever released for nugget finding, Impact Shmpact.

I don't know about the Equinox because I have yet to see one but I read a post today that the Impact can deal with the hot soil better than most, according to Thomas Dankowski, He was one of the field testers in the US, of coarse Aussie results may differ but they do have some pretty nasty dirt over there like all Countries.

As I have said the Impact runs like clockwork in the fields I have detected from South of Maryborough right up to Wedderburn.Deep mode was sluggish at Wedderburn but in all the other fields it was the deepest and most powerful mode with stable ID numbers unlike the All Metal Mode which I would only use for shallow and fine gold detecting.I do all my important tests with a gold specimen with no more than 1 gram of gold in it.DI3 at 20 Khz worked very well at Wedderburn and it picked up the 1 gram specimen at 4 inches buried with a strong signal. In all of 2017 I never had to change the default settings to compensate for the high mineralisation in the GT,so the Impact did not loose depth.With most VLF detectors you have to reduce the gain and increase the discrimination to make them GB properly and then they loose a lot of depth and are useless.Not so with the Impact.
No use speculating about the Equinox to try and drag the Impact down until until you have hard testing results like me.No BS please.
Thomas Dankowski sure was late putting out something about the Impact in hot ground.I have not read it yet but it seems it was all because of my posts on his forum about the Impact.

Het Heath,I would love it if the CTX can handle the hot GT ground here in Victoria,but I have not seen people posting testing results for it.Your prospector mate did put out a report but I seem to remember it was pretty inconclusive.With the Impact you have me and Phase Tech putting out quite favorable testing results although PT hasn't got the time like me to discover it intimately. Maldon Gold Centre put out a brief complementary impression of it testing it at Maldon but seems to got scared off by all the squabbling/infighting over it.

The only true test is of gold found in-situ! Air/testbed tests etc. are useless if you're not finding actual gold in real world situations. Rob you're hard testing results mean nothing really other than in a test situation you can pick up various targets on mineralised ground! In 2017 you never had to adjust the default settings to compensate for high mineralisation in the GT - yet in 2017 you found no wild gold either! :rolleyes: Others on here did with various other detectors so there is still some around to find.
And yes I have found in-situ gold on goldfields using a Whites VLF detector so do know it's possible with a VLF.
Knowing where a pre buried target is, how deep & being able to adjust things to pick it up is one thing. Putting that to the real test of actually finding some gold is something else altogether.

This post might reveal that the Equinox has arrived as an Australian gold detector? A bit of a teaser maybe? :p
http://www.detectorprospector.com/f...ploading-images/?do=findComment&comment=50859

Yeah I can put my gpz on the bench and the CTX next to it and the CTX can get a florin at about the same distance from the coil in the air, what does this prove? that I like touching my tools. Real world comparisons that you do yourself are the only ones you should count on and if no one believes you than so what.

Looks like the VLF world has started to come alive again, Matt.

The CTX appears to handle the ground fairly well but they are just not as sensitive to tiny targets where as single frequency machines are, but for coins and relics and jewellery and on the beach the CTX is a brilliant machine, I don't see why it is important for the CTX to be a contender for the Gold fields when it was never made or intended to be used there, but in the above arenas the CTX is as good as it gets.

I have dug coins at more than impressive depths with a few VLF's but getting them to do it on demand is another story, ground conditions change as does depth, when the planets align they will surprize you but when they don't they can leave you down hearted. Even PI's can suffer at some locations/Conditions.

J.

oldtimerROB said:
Het Heath,I would love it if the CTX can handle the hot GT ground here in Victoria,but I have not seen people posting testing results for it.Your prospector mate did put out a report but I seem to remember it was pretty inconclusive.With the Impact you have me and Phase Tech putting out quite favorable testing results although PT hasn't got the time like me to discover it intimately. Maldon Gold Centre put out a brief complementary impression of it testing it at Maldon but seems to got scared off by all the squabbling/infighting over it.

Rob I really didn't even mean to drag the CTX into the picture as a gold nugget detector, I was just stating a fact that some do and have been successful. Anyway you won't hear anymore from me about it. I'll just keep doing what I do and use it as a treasure detector which is what it was built for. :Y:

CTX3030 in Warrick for gold = Giggles = Nugget on teh surface = YES

Notka Fors Gold Plus = Right place and not too deep and you know your machine and how to drive it in the conditions

SDC2300 = YEP will find it if you in the right location and it manages the conditions...

mbasko. Had a look at the photos of the Equinox at Lake Tahoe and my first impression was that it did not seem like a dedicated goldfields machine as it has no box to house all the electronics needed to compensate for the very high mineralized ground found in our goldfields. Impact has and for now it is the benchmark for VLF,s in the GT. However time will tell if someone over there can get off their but and use it in the Nevada goldfields.
The video I posted was a simulated test and although not perfect it was sufficient to get the message across.This guy lives far from the West Coast goldfields and had to get Keith Sutherland to send him some Virginia soil and hot rocks.If it was not for simulated wind tunnel tests 50 years ago,you would not be flying on Boeing airliners to Bali or Phuket. I posted it because it was memorable as it was the first English language video done in the world to connect the Impact with highly mineralised soil. There were some Italian language videos done on Youtube which I understood but I chose not to post those in Australia.Nasa Tom and Keith Sutherland are well known detector gurus in the US and have only tested it in their back yards in low/medium mineralisation and have no clue to its full potential.
I plan to use the Impact again in the cooler months to hunt for larger nuggets.The deepest mode on the Impact is DEEP mode and not GEN mode as Phase Tech suggests,and using that with the 40 cm Nokta Impact coil ( $ 310 online ) would be my ideal for hunting those elusive larger nuggets in virgin ground.

The Equinox has and is proving it's self very capable in the US at finding Gold under varied conditions and a detector does not need a larger control box to allow it to work in Gold baring areas, The XP Deus and the other XP (Depar 600) machines have already proven that, The Only reason to use a machine with a large control box is to help balance the machine when using larger coils.

Whites ( VLF ) Detectors have been finding Gold in the Golden Triangle for years, And someone who worked at Gold Search Australia field tested the MXT E-Series ( 1st Version ) and the GMT in the Gold field in Maryborough Victoria back 8 or 10 years ago maybe longer ? But he did manage to find bits and species weighing as small as 0.06grams even in that red hot dirt using the MXT, One member of this forum even found Gold in the Blood Red dirt and Hot Rocks out in the middle of the Gold Fields using his MXT because the junk there was driving his PI Nuts, I have also found Gold with mine.

Gold Search Australia's field test, http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/mxt_stories

Any VLF in Skilled hands will find Gold in all but the very worst conditions ( Basalt Area's ) where the final results boil down to the skill of the user and how Patient they are. This is nothing new, VLF's have been cursed at many "a" time out in the Aussie Bush even more so before the PI was King.

Keith Southern is a very nice and very skilled Man and just to put the record straight his ground conditions vary but his test site has some very hot soil indeed which is very close to some of the worse area's that are found in the GT.

Ok We get it, you love your Impact ? but it is not doing anything new that others have not already with there's for the past decade or so, regardless of how much you like it is not a good enough reason to keep taking shots at ML, So far the CTX and the GM and now the Equinox have all fallen victim to your quest, Like you, I do not use ML machines but I know that these three machines are the best VLF's ML have ever produced and 2 of them are going to put people on the Gold for a fair price for an above average piece of kit, Either way regardless of whether you like them or not, these 3 machines are very good Assets for the Hobby. So let it go now rob.

Equinox will be the premier gold hunting vlf once released Rob.....Impact schmpact. ;) :Y:

Fact. My shovel and pan has found more gold than your Impact in the GT. Fact. The Gold Monster has found more gold in the GT than your Impact. Fact. My old GMT has found more gold in the GT than your impact.

Robs Impact...0
Everything else but Robs Impact....1.

TKO.

Hey it's NYE and I can't recall him getting a like before.... so OTR happy new year and enjoy the line where it says "1 user likes this post: Madtuna" cause chances are you wont get anther til this time next year

The first Jetliner fell out of the Sky because it had square windows.
The second one run out of fuel.
The third one could not fly fast enough.
The 4th one did but fell apart because of one engineering mishap.
The 5th one is now made of plastic and does it very well.
I think it is called a learning curve. 8) 8)

oldtimerROB said:
mbasko. Had a look at the photos of the Equinox at Lake Tahoe and my first impression was that it did not seem like a dedicated goldfields machine as it has no box to house all the electronics needed to compensate for the very high mineralized ground found in our goldfields. Impact has and for now it is the benchmark for VLF,s in the GT. However time will tell if someone over there can get off their but and use it in the Nevada goldfields.
The video I posted was a simulated test and although not perfect it was sufficient to get the message across.This guy lives far from the West Coast goldfields and had to get Keith Sutherland to send him some Virginia soil and hot rocks.If it was not for simulated wind tunnel tests 50 years ago,you would not be flying on Boeing airliners to Bali or Phuket. I posted it because it was memorable as it was the first English language video done in the world to connect the Impact with highly mineralised soil. There were some Italian language videos done on Youtube which I understood but I chose not to post those in Australia.Nasa Tom and Keith Sutherland are well known detector gurus in the US and have only tested it in their back yards in low/medium mineralisation and have no clue to its full potential.
I plan to use the Impact again in the cooler months to hunt for larger nuggets.The deepest mode on the Impact is DEEP mode and not GEN mode as Phase Tech suggests,and using that with the 40 cm Nokta Impact coil ( $ 310 online ) would be my ideal for hunting those elusive larger nuggets in virgin ground.

More than one US prospector did in fact test the impact in Nevada and said that they preferred the Gold Racer for a few reasons, 1) the extra weight, 2) paying for a lot of features that are not needed in Gold Prospecting, 3) the frequency, 4) the price comparison between the two machines,

Thanks madtuna,its nice of you to wish me a happy new year, and best wishes for you in 2018 and lots of luck finding the right stuff. Maybe we can organise a detecting trip in 2018. Cheers,Rob.

Quite possibly nuts, thanks for asking....not the resident nutter on here though....

Monster post on Facebook....50+ pieces of gold.....proves one of two things conclusively, either the Monster is a bloody great machine, or, any vlf in the right hands will produce.

I'm happy to wait for the virgin piece on your Impact though Rob. Got nothing but time fella.

Latest posts