Fittings, Layflat, Suction hose for Highbankers..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Occasional_Panner.
Thanks for the reply. I was favoring the lay flat for that very reaon. I do not need suction hose. I will base my search on the red hose as it makes sense. Thanks again.
Doug WD

That 150 psi red lay flat is bloody expensive! don't rule out a bit of suction hose.

I use this 1 1/2" (38 mm) grey suction hose from BiggerBoyzToyz (its pretty bloody cheap). And it really is not heavy at all, I have even rolled it up and tossed it in the boot of a Mazda 3 with all my gear, including banker and pump.

1513065445_hoses.jpg

I have the 4 metres of 2" feeding a 2" semi-trash pump then a ball valve and reducer at the outlet down to 1 1/2". Then camlock couplers (if you need a hand finding some I can get them pretty cheap) to 38mm lay flat hose (I think its around 80-90psi rated) back to another 4 metre length of the 1 1/2" grey suction hose, as layflat really does not like corners/bends.

All up, less than $90 off the top of my head.

https://www.bbta.com.au/products/Suction-Hose-1.5"{47}38mm-x-4M.html

Just out of curiosity.....as I was getting those hoses out for a quick pic, this little guy flew down and decided to join me. He comes probably every other day and will eat out of my hand, happy to follow me around the yard.

1513065585_kingparrot.jpg

You prob only need the red hose if you're an idiot like me that likes to pump up hills come to think of it.
If it's just flat terrain the blue crap will be fine.

And with any layflat hose the seams get worn thinner during storage and when it is being rolled up, so always start your pump on slow then increase to whatever you need to for whatever your task is. If started on high speed you can split metres of hose in a fraction of a second. Ken.

Latest posts