Search for Maps Vic.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. Back in the 70s I was into prospecting a bit with a dredge. Day's long gone. Back then I bought a map from a prospecting shop in Dandenong (no longer there) and it was one of the best maps I had. It was some sort of forestry map or something. It covered an area from I recall Omeo down to Bruthen and had all tracks and streams marked clearly. It even showed buildings as I remember. I don't really know what type map it was but it was good to useand a large size. Obviously a section map.
Google is good but not as usefull in the feild.
Does anyone know where I could get one now or any recommendations as to another. I would like the same area and one of the gold area in the triangle. I will use it for planning trips as with this map I could plan where I can get close to rivers and streams with a bit of ease. I am now 70 and not as fit as I used to be but I know I can still get out there and spend time prospecting at my pace and breath the good air.
Also interested in meeting people interested in the same hobby that live close to me. I'm in Cranbourne Victoria. Don't let age scare you off as I am still young at heart and associate fairly well with all ages.
Cheers Doug WD

Latest posts