I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pete165 said:
Nice finds there. I like the 1911 Penny. Should clean up well.

Thanks yep it should come up good. The soil here seems really nice for preserving stuff

Another great weekend, Both saturday and sunday out in the heat but worth it. Lots of surface finds....
image by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Martini Henry 450 rounds..

This is how i was finding a few. Sunbakers...
Surface find by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Metal lipstick lid. Notice the 4 lips.

Weekends coins..
The weekends finds out in the Wheatbelt by Marc Russo, on Flickr

tailormarc said:

The two Henry projectiles look like they just ran out of steam, no deformation whatsoever. The shooter never hit what he was aiming at unless he punching holes in paper.

Eldorado said:
My heart skipped a beat when I scrolled down and seen the 1930 and then I realised it was a half penny.Nice hunt Marc,some beautiful coins there.

So did mine, i really thought i was going to be rich. Oh well i will keep searching

PabloP said:
You are really on fire Marc. Keep those great finds coming.

Rob P

Thanks mate, yep going again this Saturday and sunday. Got lots of great spots marked out

Well on Saturday i dug this. As soon as i pulled it out the ground i knew i had to call it in. I know my grenades but this didn't look like anything i have seen before so i had my doubts. The nearest police station was about 40klm away so i rang and spoke to the Sargent and offered to send him photos via email to save him the drive. He emailed back and said stay well clear and dont touch it until he calls back. About 30 min later i had a call back from him saying he had been in contact with the EOD boys its not a grenade and to take it with me and put it in a bin or keep it just dont leave it there. Even he said he was convinced it was a grenade haha. Had me worried for a bit

tailormarc said:
Well on Saturday i dug this. As soon as i pulled it out the ground i knew i had to call it in. I know my grenades but this didn't look like anything i have seen before so i had my doubts. The nearest police station was about 40klm away so i rang and spoke to the Sargent and offered to send him photos via email to save him the drive. He emailed back and said stay well clear and dont touch it until he calls back. About 30 min later i had a call back from him saying he had been in contact with the EOD boys its not a grenade and to take it with me and put it in a bin or keep it just dont leave it there. Even he said he was convinced it was a grenade haha. Had me worried for a bit
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4589/27342958249_7148e34782_c.jpgimage by Marc Russo, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4738/38410756734_d6fcdf3706_c.jpgimage by Marc Russo, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4728/38238948355_eb388a5d4e_c.jpgimage by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Hope u didn't throw it out.
That bottom photo looks like it could have a dwarf genie in it.
Did you try rubbing it?

Latest posts