NSW Highbanking - what is the current state of play?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask politely what do you mean by one sided. ???
Already been done with Demo days with a lot of VIP's from the relevant
parties.
Agree on the coin side of it wholeheartedly. :mad: :mad:

Hope there's progress soon. Finished my walbanker and only got to use it once at Oalen before the enforcement date.

I haven't checked in, in a while seeing as HB'ing was border line allowed or not...

Are we still shit out of luck in NSW? Or have we been given approvals to go ahead with High Banking again?

8)

ahhhh ok, so thats a No then...

Thanks. Guess i will not bother replacing the pump that got stolen from me with another one.

Reno_86 said:
what about recirculating the water from buckets? still classed as illegal?
Probably because it's still a pump. Others will know better than me though.

I hate to start one of these when there's a great thread already, but I couldn't find the info I wanted so here goes:

Does the highbanking ban also apply to private property, or only state forests?

If that's the case, surely I can remove my allowed 10kgs of "mineral bearing material" and run it through my highbanker set up in my pool at home?

Looking through the conditions of my permit:

1540873268_screenshot_20181030-150946.jpg

I'm clearly not "digging" with a powered device, so which criterion am I in violation of?

Could you use silt fencing as sediment control as not to not "cause significant turbidity"?

Sorry fir all the questions, something seems incredibly fishy about this tacit ban, and as to whether or not it's legally enforceable .

Cheers!
Dan

Clause 6.1 insists no use of powered implements, but this is later clarified in 7.1, where they explicitly state in reference to: "excavate"
1540873686_screenshot_20181030-152227.jpg

Edit: just in case anybody is worried the highbanker is safe and sound in the pool for the time being.
I don't intend to go highbanking until this political shtstorm has blown over :argh:

Also includes private land.
An inspector can access private land if he deems it fit to do so.
Now 3 people can access private property without a court order or such,
Fishing inspector,
Customs,
Mining inspector.
So if you have a recirculating sluice setup in your man cave and an inspector finds it,
You are gone.
Oh, Please do not use a torch at night for panning.
Powered equipment is illegal.
Trust me,
I know. ]:D

Latest posts