Bazooka Sluice larger gold catcher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking to build something similar to a Bazooka Gold sluice or the Croc Gold Trap (Aussie version) but I know that there are pickers in one of the areas that I would want to work. I could probably just use a regular sluice for that area though.

But I know a different area that can produce the occasional picker (and tonnes of fine gold!) and would flow over the grizzly/mesh. If I used a v-mat all the way down to the grizzly/mesh to attempt to capture the gold, the next shoveled material could also knock it loose and go over the grizzly/mesh and out the end of the sluice. :/

Any other suggestions to this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

Ok. I might try the drop riffles and an idea I have when I build it.

I will also feed it slower, classified material and see if that helps.

Thanks Madhatter and G0ldDigg@! :Y:

My Bazooka gold trap catches even the finest of gold when setup correctly.
If the water is slick on the surface with a bulge at the grizzly end, its running correctly.
My biggest concern is nugglets going over the grizzly bars. a quick check in the sieve or pan nullifies my concerns.

Yes Brumble, that is also my concern. I have a few ideas when I make mine to catch the larger gold aswel! :)

1512626386_bazooka_grizzly_modification2.jpg

See attached photo from the internet.
A small piece of mouse wire and zip ties works well when in known "picker" or nugglet areas.
In case your thinking..yes nuggets sit there too, usually on the slick part before the grizzlies and wire.

When I make mine, I'll definitely add some fine wire like yours. I'll also add some low v-mat to see if the dirt is still producing gold, slowing the gold down for better recovery and to catch more black sand so the trap has a tiny bit less to clear out before the black sand from the mats gets there. So they are both great and my Bazooka will be fitted out with those! Thanks - Jack :Y: