Sneaky Gems.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Heatho. Stone turned out well but it was an absolute bitch to cut.

Ovals and elongated cuts are so hard to get the right girdle proportions. I normally cut the pav mains first then cut the girdles in. That way I have a bit of a guide for making the girdle facets even all around the stone. But that only really works on ovals that come to a centre point. This one comes to three separate points along the centre line so it took quite a long time of tweaking to get the meet points.

That zircon is amazing! I really like the ametrine, too, but the zircon beats it!

Debbie K

Very nice SC :Y: I just cut one of those for a mate, it was very pale mauve in the rough, upon faceting the colour deepened a little to take on pinkish tones.

I really have to get out there and spend a good week at Mud Tank.

Beautiful cutting there SneakyCuttlefish.

PS Since its mentioned here

SneakyCuttlefish said:

I will also say thanks for the topaz.

For anyone considering some Sneaky topaz. I picked up a bunch of this topaz rough & was really happy with the parcel and the service. Very consistent quality wise & exactly as described. Nice work mate!

Possibly the finest zircon I have cut to date. 3.705 carat flawless. Stunning rich plum/wine colour.

1512215587_20171202_214240_480x640.jpg

It's a Hartz range zircon. The rough piece was over 12 carats. The stone only had one rich colour centre and the rest was a lighter colour with cracks in it.

Im off to Harts Range/Red Centre next Year for a full-on 3 months of Exploring and Fossicking. ... :cool: Hopefully I might find one just like that one Sneeky... ;)

Hopefully heading over in the end of May.... All depends on my Brother in law who is very ill... The way things are looking tho, might have to put it off for 12 months....

My 'Locations' will be safe for another Year.... ;)

LW....

Thank you heatho. Took quite a few photos to get the angle and light right. The stone has so many different shades of colour from different points of view.

Pic was taken on a Samsung note 8. I think the twin cameras do a great job!

Very jealous lonewolf!! I'll buy a heap off you when you come back! I haven't been up there yet.

More than likely, I will call in on my way home Sneeky..... Mrs Wolf will need to see the Ocean by the time we are returning... :8

I have some 'Private' Locations that I have permission to Enter... So that should be fun.... :Y: :) I Will need a good Cutter when I return... :lol:

LW....

Latest posts