You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Graybeard
05 December 2017 10:39 pm

Hi jackthehound,
it's a small world. ha ha ha. Yes it's him alright, also known as the mad russian. He's spent a fortune jumping through hoops trying to satisfy the authorities.
I guess he's trying to pull the pin and get out of the game. Not a young bloke anymore. He's just returned from WA without success in trying to sell that mine.He's going to show me how to find gold in the Creswick state forest here in Victoria. I found a spot on a small reef that always produced tiny subgrammers.
For some reason it dried up. He's going to help me find the trail again. lol

Jackthehound wrote:

G'day Graybeard, are you talking about "Russian George" as he is known up that way ?

2 users like this post: HeadsUp, scottlucky

Goldchaser1
26 December 2017 10:29 am

Allmost thought this might of been the older fella up at eastern creek at first graybeard,passed through last year and had a chat with him,small hardrock show like u mention,he’s been there 30 yrs or so,said he was trying to sell it to a cuppla companies,had some great stories of when they opened the tracks back up into the area in the 80’s,it was more or less left untouched when the old timers walked away from it,him and his son there working it i think,didnt meet his son.....

HeadsUp
26 December 2017 10:54 am

Graybeard wrote:

Hi jackthehound,
it's a small world. ha ha ha. Yes it's him alright, also known as the mad russian. He's spent a fortune jumping through hoops trying to satisfy the authorities.
I guess he's trying to pull the pin and get out of the game. Not a young bloke anymore. He's just returned from WA without success in trying to sell that mine.He's going to show me how to find gold in the Creswick state forest here in Victoria. I found a spot on a small reef that always produced tiny subgrammers.

Jackthehound wrote:

G'day Graybeard, are you talking about "Russian George" as he is known up that way ?

I didnt check where the Parnell Mine is on the maps but i was at Mosquito creek and environs in 2006 and i still have the GPS coordinates for a spot where 150 ounces were taken off the surface ( all within 8 inches depth and using GP3000's )

What did you say the costs are to get approval for push and detect assuming that modern detectors show more colour at greater depths ?

using a dozer or even a bobcat to scrape 10 inches off the surface on an area 300 x 200 metres is not unattractive.

I have a bobcat..

On a mission to rescue as many gold nuggets as i can before those poor souls get washed out to sea . GPX5000 smilemaker , self built highbanker and enthusiastic shovel

Goldchaser1
26 December 2017 11:17 am

HeadsUp wrote:
Graybeard wrote:

Hi jackthehound,

Jackthehound wrote:

I didnt check where the Parnell Mine is on the maps but i was at Mosquito creek and environs in 2006 and i still have the GPS coordinates for a spot where 150 ounces were taken off the surface ( all within 8 inches depth and using GP3000's )

What did you say the costs are to get approval for push and detect assuming that modern detectors show more colour at greater depths ?

using a dozer or even a bobcat to scrape 10 inches off the surface on an area 300 x 200 metres is not unattractive.

I have a bobcat..

if your spots on an EL headsup you can put a SPL on it,get a POW (program of works) approved and go for it,i say EL cause i think theres alot around there but if its unpegged ground well even better,then a PL on it,havent pegged a SPL but i gather a POW has to be submitted as well,where just going through the motions at the moment on a PL,we made a bit of a boo boo with the POW and now dealing with native title hoops,we could of dodged that another way.....

1 user likes this post: HeadsUp

HeadsUp
26 December 2017 03:10 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:
HeadsUp wrote:
Graybeard wrote:

Hi jackthehound,

Jackthehound wrote:

I have a bobcat..

if your spots on an EL headsup you can put a SPL on it,get a POW (program of works) approved and go for it,i say EL cause i think theres alot around there but if its unpegged ground well even better,then a PL on it,havent pegged a SPL but i gather a POW has to be submitted as well,where just going through the motions at the moment on a PL,we made a bit of a boo boo with the POW and now dealing with native title hoops,we could of dodged that another way.....

thumbsup

On a mission to rescue as many gold nuggets as i can before those poor souls get washed out to sea . GPX5000 smilemaker , self built highbanker and enthusiastic shovel

Graybeard
18 April 2018 01:28 am

Well, a whole year has gone by, poor old George has still not sold the mine. The last I heard was that he's got some foreign people coming down for a look.
.............good luck George.

Danny13
18 April 2018 02:26 pm

Out of curiosity what equipment is included in the mine?

GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

Graybeard
19 April 2018 12:46 am

Equipment? LOL. I looked at the site on google earth and I could not find a single thing! All that's down there is a a hole (opening to the mine). He's spent a fortune getting in a surveyor, getting bores done and then getting an assay on the bore samples. He rang me just a few hours ago. He's just come down with some bug, lost sensation to his legs and is on antibiotics in some hospital in Perth. Talk about bad luck.
Looking back on it all I wish I never put the article on this site. I doubt whether it will sell. If anyone is interested I could send the assay results and all other relevant information to you. just PM me.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site