Araluen/Tarana amethyst?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My interest has recently been sparked by some amethyst finds other people have been having recently although I have no idea where they came from. Only thing I know is that its not terribly far from Sydney (4hours max). After looking around online I can see that both of these locations have amethyst loosely associated with them and was wondering if anyone had some information to share? I cant seem to find a single sentence with decent information and the only real clue Ive seen is a photo of a smoky amethyst that came from Tarana... which is a very large area with no clue as to where in there :p . Smokys arent terribly hard to locate but the purple seems to be illusive!

If you don't mind me asking what sort of quality are you after?
I know a couple of spots closer that have shown the occasional piece, but its not guaranteed to find and not great quality. Shoot me a PM if you want any more info.

If you are after some for cabbing or tumbling, i know someone who has a few kilo for sale. Its zigzag amethyst with a nice dark colour.

Latest posts