Adelaide

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello forum,

My name is Ty I'm new to the hobby having just bought my first detector last week, but having a ton of fun.

I am mainly interested in hunting old coins and militaria, looking for other like minded adeladians who might want to go on a few hunts together.

I only have the very basic go-find 60 detector

I've tried to convince some of my mates to get a detector to join me, but to no avail so far!

A little bit about myself, I'm 28 from Marion area. I work full time in maintenance and fire system Inspections. I also abit of a gamer, PS4/pc. I'm a very relaxed person, not much fazes me to be honest

I'm in the middle of building a house and planning a wedding so as you can imagine funds are low, so just local hunts are a must.

I've got my eye on a few local parks which have some decent history dating back to mid 1800s, one used to be an old church and graveyard, and the other used to be stables. a work colleague has a decent sized property in lobethal that I'm trying to convince to let me come dig. O:)

If you're a novice like me, or an old hat at the game it doesn't matter, hit me up if you're like minded and of a similar age. I'm not under any illusions about metal detecting, I realise it's 90% junk most of the time but I'm easily pleased. I was happy at my first coin find, a measly 2c piece :lol: :cool:

-nub

hi my name is Bruce i do a lot of detecting and live at Darlington im 69 years old so nowhere near your age but always looking for someone to detect with so if you are interested let me know :lol: You can contact me on XXXXXXXXX if interested.
Moderator Edit
Please,
No Phone Numbers on display.

Hey Bruce,

Nice to meet ya mate, thanks for the reply.

I'm having some issues at he moment, my detector has decided to go crazy. I'm in the middle of talking to minelab a trying to get repairs or replacement.

However I've ordered a nice Garrett 400i and am waiting on its arrival

I'll let you know when I'm back up and running and maybe we can organize a hunt

Cheers

Hi fellas. Im Darryl from Kadina. A bit far away but hey its only 1 1/2 hr trip to town and ive regularly gone to mt crawford from here which can take 2+ hrs. If your organising anything anytime id be happy to hear about it too please so if Im able I can meet up. Cant always guarantee it with health but ya never know. All the best TD. (Daz)

Welcome to you Ty. I am new also. Live in Sydney. You will the members on here a friendly mob. All you need to do is ask a question and you will find many members will answer it.