River / Stream Sluices - advice, information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Marksman
This is similar to what I called noodle matt. But mine has a backing on it. I got the idea off Wal& Liz from a utube vid. I brought a matt from bunnings and cut it to size.

Have you got conventional riffles on top of the matt?
What you don't want to do it load it up too much, and have everything float on down the tray and out the back. classify the material down and just add small amounts in at a time, you'll see it clean up down the tray.

ColleenS said:
Thanks Marksman
This is similar to what I called noodle matt. But mine has a backing on it. I got the idea off Wal& Liz from a utube vid. I brought a matt from bunnings and cut it to size.
yes i know the stuff i have the same on my banker works real good got my from aldi
give it a try with a pan under it then pan that to see if any is getting through

Yes it dose have riffles on top of matt and I was classifying down to 1/4 inch. Just thought I was losing it because there seemed like more speaks in the rubber matt then what I panned out. So will try your advice and put pan under the bottom. Thanks guys.

I feel where your coming from i am waiting for my new sluice to arrive, have never used one cannot wait to see how the dream mat works :Y:

G'day guys,

I am after a bit of advice about river sluices. I have a birthday coming up and I have been thinking about getting one. I have done lots of research and they all seem to work well, the problem I have is that I have not seen one in action personally and pretty much have no idea, I don't really know about a basic starting point. Any advice about river sluices would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :Y:

These are a bit expensive but they seem to be the go at the moment.Especially good if you are in NSW and can't use a highbanker just shovel gravel straight into one of the Gold Crocs.No classifying material first.Australian made and a very strongly built unit.Check out some of Vogus Prospecting's videos on YouTube,he uses one and raves about it.
https://www.crocgoldtraps.com.au/

Yeah mate I am in NSW. The shovelling straight into the sluice sounds good. Are the croc gold traps similar to the bazooka style sluice? I will check those videos out, thanks heaps. :Y:

Thanks for the link, it is very interesting. I think I was reading to much into sluice mats and how they work and what mat work better than others. The croc sounds good. Thanks heaps.

Hi guys new to sluicing so please bare with me .
I am looking to get a sluice to use in rivers but also be able to cheaply convert to a recirculating power sluice at home to run concentrates through.

I have selected the keene a52 sluice as a possible one (the new version comes with magic mat at front then carpet afterwards.

I was then looking at a jobe 10 inch header box to convert it to a power sluice.

So I was wondering would the keene a52 with header box be a good setup to capture gold from concentrates? (Concentrates from dryblowing mainly).

Hoping for some feedback etc cheers wazza

Hi Wazza. Have a look at the croc gold trap. It does not produce a lot of concentrate so you will probably never need to run cons at home. I am looking at getting one as well.

Araluen

Hi araluen

Thanks. I guess I will mostly be dryblowing so i will need to run concentrates.

I just saw the keene a52 as a potential alrounder....can use in the rivers for general sluicing...and then could make into a power sluice to run my dryblower concentrates.

I would have thought there are other options out there for this purpose?

Cheers waz

Keene also does the Mini Max Power Sluice Concentrator, it's a great allrounder (maybe the best?), but because of currency conversion and crazy shipping you are looking at around $825-850 to import one. There is an Aussie supplier if you do some googling, they are currently out of stock.

Dustin from Gold Rat also has 2 recirculating sluices. An 8x47 inch gold river sluice running dream mat with a 400 mm header unit and plumbing. Or his 6" Mini Cleanup sluice set up with a header unit and plumbing, legs/stand. He sells them in a couple of combinations, like if you need the pump, legs etc.

I foolishly sold a RDH Mini Highbanker Gold Buster 2 to a mate, was a great little recirculating banker.....I have been trying to convince him to sell it back to me.

Hi chris cheers for the feedback mate.

Are either of thosr suggestions relatively easy to dismantle and take the bare sluice to the creeks/rivers?

Pretty new to sluicing so appreciate the help
Cheers waz

Latest posts