Deus 13 inch coil..is it me or????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anton

Anton
Reaction score
Hi all :) .. just got a 13 inch coil to complement my 11, which i love to death, and straight away i noticed that the 13 inch seemed "softer", if that could be used to explain it , and not as sharp tonally as the 11, the 11 just seems to 'bang' harder and louder, for want of a better description..the id's are bang on and i have no problem with the depth of the coil, its just the different 'response loudnes and tonal qualities(i use full tones) that took me by surprise as compared to the 9 or 11 inch..any one else find this or is it time to get my ears checked,lol :) ?

Get your ears checked - lol! Nah, can't say I've noticed a discernable difference in the "clarity" of the tones when using fulltones on the 13x11" coil. Haven't used mine for a while now, so might be interesting to go back and give it a run after using the ultra sensitive HF coil. I do quite like the larger coil for gridding open areas, it's a bit nose heavy, though still relatively lightweight once you get used to swinging it.

went out for a hunt earlier this evening,and again the resonse seemed a little different, but the more i hunted, the more it behaved like i thought it should, like a big brother to the 11 :) ...you spot on with what you say, it is nose heavy, and yes you feel it at the end of a hunt, but not too bad,but boy, can it cover ground and grid those open areas..im going to try one of those balance adaptors and see if it makes any difference..but i can imagine i,ll be leaving the 11 on most of the time,and because of the weight and balance difference, you can still cover as much ground and just as quick with the 11...

Dammit, now I need to go out in the backyard and bury some sovereigns and do this test for myself, I have the 9" and the 13" and the sovereigns are the only gold I have.

Latest posts