Gold around Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all Im new to the group and I prospect around Bendigo The Whipstick forest mostly I have found a few little nuggets its a great hobby any others go to the Whipstick?

Shanewym, lots of people detect in the Whipstick there is still gold there IM not sure how many members go to the Whipstick but i certainly do as its close to home for me.

im out there a fair bit when ive git time lots of spots to check out tullys whipstick map boom is pretty good i kust pick a spot from the book go and have a detect and make Notes on how i go cheers Muk.

I just went for a walk around lake Tom Thumb in Eaglehawk and the track takes
you through the middle of a surface patch I will have to take the detector next time.

Welcome to the forum Shanewym, you certainly are in a good spot for gold. 90% of my relatives live in Bendigo and here I am in Adelaide!
Good excuse to come over and catch up plus do a little detecting. :D

Welcome Shaynewym, I'm newish too.
So much to learn about gold hunting on this site and forum and lots of fun and laughs too.
Flowers

Hi Shanewyn, Welcome. I too am only new to all this stuff however the fever has set in. I have only spent 2 hours max around Whipstick and found a little nugget around a mullock heap. I have only found three little nuggets since starting. If I could find the yellow stuff I would try and do it for a living, I love it. I shall return to Whipstick area when I get a chance.
Cheers
Jamie

Latest posts