You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
26 October 2017 10:00 am

Guys, this thread is about the AU Gold Finder, 56 kHz, not the Fors Gold+ 19 kHz.

But just to correct some statements, the AU Gold isn't locked in Deep mode in the sense as the Impact deep mode. The Deep mode on the Impact is a slower recovery mode which will punch a little deeper if swept slowly, and if ground minerals allow. The AU Gold Finder has a Deep Disc mode, which like the Impact, I'd only recommend for mild ground conditions.

In nearly all cases Gen/All-metal mode will go deeper especially on smaller targets. The threshold gives you the ability to hear the faint whisper signals which are lost in silent search Disc modes.

The AU Gold Finder manual can be downloaded here:

www.noktadetectors.com/downloads_au-gold-finder-metal-detector.asp

Agent for Minelab, Nokta, NuggetFinder, Makro, Detech, Deteknix/Quest - Phase Technical Website

3 users like this post: Maldon Gold Centre, Dolphin, Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner
26 October 2017 02:40 pm

PhaseTech wrote:

I think the Gold Racer is like a Racer with a much higher frequency, but can still be used for coins/jewellery.

The AU Gold is more like a modern day Fisher Gold Bug, with Auto ground balance and tracking.

Why do they list Auto ground balance and tracking when the two are basically the same thing, ?

J.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
26 October 2017 02:57 pm

Ridge Runner wrote:
PhaseTech wrote:

I think the Gold Racer is like a Racer with a much higher frequency, but can still be used for coins/jewellery.

The AU Gold is more like a modern day Fisher Gold Bug, with Auto ground balance and tracking.

Why do they list Auto ground balance and tracking when the two are basically the same thing, ?

J.

Auto is a ground balance reset, or Grab

Tracking is continuous ground balance

Agent for Minelab, Nokta, NuggetFinder, Makro, Detech, Deteknix/Quest - Phase Technical Website

Ridge Runner
26 October 2017 03:24 pm

PhaseTech wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
PhaseTech wrote:

J.

Auto is a ground balance reset, or Grab

Tracking is continuous ground balance

Yeah but you could say they are both the same thing because Auto GB is tracking the ground when set to Auto and it is also what some machines do it when they are locked, many people don't realize that even when working in fixed some machines still track the ground,

I think the two are part of the same thing, The tracking is what the Auto GB dose and vice versa. when companies list it as two separate things it makes it sound like you are getting something extra when your not, one is what it does and the other is the process.

Last edited by Ridge Runner (26 October 2017 03:25 pm)

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
26 October 2017 03:54 pm

Auto, grab, quick-track, reset or whatever is usually a very fast auto ground balance. Usually used when you are actually searching with a Fixed balance.

Tracking is intended to be used while searching, so the auto balance "speed" is a lot slower.

On the AU Gold the Tracking has it's own dedicated switch, and the Auto balance is on the ground balance knob.

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Dolphin

Goldpick
06 November 2017 10:02 pm

oldtimerROB wrote:

The rotary knobs on the AU would have to be 4 inches in diameter to give the same delicate control as a 0-100 digital control as on the Impact,its only common sense.

Off topic posts have been deleted.

Rob, may I suggest that you start your own new personal Impact topic elsewhere, I'm sure some feedback will be appreciated in its own area (you were warned on page 1 by Heatho).

I'll state it again, this topic is dedicated to talk on the Au Goldfinder. If you have nothing positive or factual (ie. assumptions based on personal opinion) to bring to the discussion, or feel the need to continually post off topic info, deletions will be made - thank you.

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

1 user likes this post: ProspectorPete

oldtimerROB
12 November 2017 09:48 am

I had a Whites 5000D for 32 years until a few boxes went missing when in storage.It had rotary controls and very noisy in the GT and had to be GB,d constantly.It could not disc. out hot rocks but could with rusty iron. I would not consider using that bastard as being fun.

Courage is not born, it is made-Leonidis,Spartan general.

Ridge Runner
12 November 2017 01:51 pm

I think the AU Goldfinder is a very under rated machine, Those rotary controls do allow for fine tuning pretty much like you can on the GP/GPX and a few other brand machines, If they stuck on a very basic meter for the ground readout and some form of ID It would fly off the shelf, But as it is with those knobs makes it one of the better LF machines.

J.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
02 December 2017 10:41 am

These are the targets I found when I got that bit of gold. 10c coin for size comparison.

1512171393_20171026_163207-1.jpg

I have recently realised you can mount the control box upside down. This improves the balance a little, but ground balance control is a little too close to my fingers.

1512171575_20171127_185350-1.jpg

5 users like this post: Heatho, Ridge Runner, ProspectorPete, 7.62marksman, Dolphin

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
08 December 2017 10:35 am

Find by one of my customers in Vic using the Gold Finder with 5" coil.

1512689611_received_1605169722838327-1.jpg

6 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Ridge Runner, madtuna, grubstake, Dolphin, ProspectorPete

nesral
09 December 2017 09:00 pm

A very capable detector for gold prospecting and jewellery detecting on dry sand beaches !

1 user likes this post: PhaseTech

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site