Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Reefer, My Beard would give My Gender away.... :lol: But, I did win 1st prize at a fancy dress at School, dressed as a "Woman" {) ... Waaaayyy Back in 1977... ]:D {)

Save your $$... I saw Fluro Toilet Paper in a $2 shop the other Day... We could use that... :cool:

LW.....

haha!lol!..your funny mate...FLURO SHITE PAPER!... :eek: 8) ...theres an idea!...haha..Icouldby a heap of it and flog it to all the ladies at the next meet! :D ...3$ a throw..Roll up!...git yer fluro paY--par!...Roll up.. git yer PAY--PAR..HEHE! ]:D

Well!,today was a very interesting day working on the build..So sorry but have no pics ..my Phone has dropped dead and will be buried with full ceremony culminating in it's being dashed to pieces against the back brick wall! ]:D Well Ken arrived around 0845. and after a cuppa was soon barking orders!..hehe! :Y: The Agenda!..well 1st... secure and align the top of the left hand -full-length cupboard to hold my shovels pick and pans....2nd, remove old battery(temporary) and fit larger capacity...110-120 amp/hrs..(not sure on that).3rd, install water pump...connect to battery, run pipe from Gerry-can and fit switch.4th..cut bed by 40mm to allow the fridge a bit of space :p all good it loves it's new home..nice and handy for me to grab a coldie from..and a banger or two or four!..eggs, ham, tomato..etc! :p :Y: :Y: ...speaking of food!..new portable kitchen..as in the pics above in Ken's post, is now ensconced within the body of the "Demon'. :cool: :cool: :cool: ..SUPER, SUPER COOL...I am fortunate beyond my capacity to describe, so I won't even try.
Suffice to say ..that I was a little emotional upon its arrival and then to see it open up and reveal it's full magic before my very eyes.. well a bloke can only take so much...sorry Ken for my teary eyes..and thanks for the hug!.So that just about covers where we are up to.I have decided not to alter the original colours of the unit so it is Polar White, with navy-blue pinstriping!
The cupboards inside..well I like the grain on the ply a lot, so I will just sand it up somewhat and hit it with a clear cote.The curtains...Navy -Blue..with the Southern Cross prominent in stick-on form to the windows!..All very idealistic to some I'll grant you...but hey...I wear my heart on my sleeve,...:cool: and my Bowie under my shirt.! ]:D ]:D ..believe me!.
So, all in all, it was a great day, we finished up with Gourmet meat pies, Coke for Ken and a beer for me. Thanks, Ken, for your company and expertise!...Your a legend in your own time mate! :Y:

haha yeah..bloody sawdust at that!...sort of grates when you rub it! :8 Yeah mate a bit to do yet but there is no rush..she is a far more formidable kettle of fish now to when We went to Wattle Flat and that was awesome having a bed and lights!...now...WOW!. :Y: :Y: :cool:
Your going to have to let me cook dinner for you on our next sojourn..and breakfast..at least once! :cool: my poached eggs sprinkled with fresh parsley and chili :p is to die for mate!..I kid you not ]:D

Well done guys its been a awesome journey so far ,thanks for sharing it . Ken I hope Santa ? is kind to you as you deserve it. ???

Well, so far so good..cupboard storage units are going in...in a fashion ]:D boy! I have a renewed admiration for the joinery guys!..a joiner I am not!..hehe!..thank my lucky stars there's nothing I have done that cant be covered with a molding here and a bit of quad there!.. :p
A lot of piecing around welded brackets and fittings, a lot of take it in and take it out! measure three times and still cut it wrong and so on..but I'm having a ball nevertheless! :D I'm pretty sure that the final 'look' will be acceptable in spite of 'what lies beneath'! ]:D
Below a shot of the sides with the lid in place on the left side.A good sanding and then three coats of clear-cote should look good...addition of 15mm molding to top of side where it meets the lid and all white gloss on the stop-end,should make the whole thing 'pop' somewhat.
Ken was here yesterday and we had a great day!..as I alluded to in my last post...his next visit will see the trailer floor get a little attention and then the rubber base will go in followed by the Navy Carpet..if I can get the marine stuff in that colour.All in all it's going slowly but I'm sure it will be all worth it in the end.
1511872548_p1010059.jpg

Looking good mate
Love the curtains you have there lmao
Will let you know on when my next trip up there will be will be
Looking at Monday again
Did you find the air vent we will fit that if you did
Went to bunnings for about an hour they have no taps like we need so i will take that back to the drawing board and work something else out

Sorry about this but I had to resize the photos which were taken with my wifes camera and unknown to me..hence this extra pics.. ]:D
1511873047_p1010057.jpg
....and one of the both sides..never mind the mess on the floor...
1511873302_p1010060.jpg
Iknow where every thing is...sorta..kinda.. ]:D

Monday sounds good mate... :p Yep got the vent!...no worries.Mate, I was thinking something from the garden irrigation stuff might work..they might have a tap thingo..not sure will have a squiz tomorra..having a day with her Ladyship.. off to get a phone and stuff..about to turn in failing by the minute.. ]:D ...gonna have a durry.. :cool:

Well it looks like I posted the finished shots of the 'Demon' on another thread! :8 Readers of this post will be wondering ..what the hell happened with the build! :eek: ..sorry people my mistake has made a somewhat mess-up of this thread and I apologise for that.
The thing is...I ruined the job on the Van..by taking a corner a tad to fast!.Lost the steering and the Trailer semi-jack-knifed and hit a flamin big gumtree..which had no business growing where it did!. ]:D
The result was:Both leaf-springs torn from there mountings, a great gouge in the top left corner of the cabin..internal damage to the integrity of the trailer and so much damage to the back window and frame,etc that it was wrecked.
I was lucky not to have hit the tree before the trailer did...and I can't tell you how much it upset me.
True to his character Ken stepped in and once we got back and got it to him, he set about making it right. :Y: :Y:
So..bearing all that in mind we thought it proper to include you all in the 're-build'.
Different door and a few other changes. and it will all start tomorrow with the preparations for the finish on the new door and associated fittings..I hope you'll all come along for the ride with Ken and myself as we make it ready for the Hillend meet in April....Cheers Rossco

Damage report
1 took the bark off the tree
2 had to change his undies
3 broke spring slide brackets
4 moved the axle 2 inches to the right
5 broke the light mount
6 broke the light cover
7 ripped the wood off the left rear corner
8 totally demolished the glass door
9 broke the tail gate mount
10 bent and broke all the trailer welds on the left rear side
11 destroyed the water storage area
12 broke the water pump switch
Ok looking at this you might think its dead but believe it or we have the technology to rebuild it bigger better stronger and faster (sorry got carried away)
Any way i have a very big sledge hammer large trolly jack and believe it or not yes i am in heaven a gas axe ohhhh the heat the melting metal ohhhh boy fun time i am in heaven
TO BE CONTINUED

Oh Boy!...seeing that damage report brings it all back...I can still taste your dust as I hurried to catch up to the(TURTLE!...not!..LMAO...The old girl ain't no slouch when Ken asks it to race the Rabbit! :lol: :lol: ]:D The pics were taken not 5 minutes after I had the fright of my life and when Ken said "There's nothing we can't fix'..well frankly..at the time..I was very sceptical about the whole thing. :( ..but time rolls on and today is the start of a whole new chapter in the never-ending saga of what we do to go out and chase the yella,
All in all the accident has taught me a number of lessons.Both about the trailer and myself.
In situations like this,I've learned that nothing is as bad as it appears and it can all be repaired or replaced.And more importantly there is a great deal of danger in being lulled into a state of complacency by the current road conditions...just up ahead, may lay the trap that takes your life,so slow down, don't drive for too long without a proper break and find yourself a bloody good mate like Ken Perkins. :cool:
Next post...The Metamorphosis of the 'Demon' into...something else!,,, ;) :lol: :lol: ]:D .Cheers ter y's..Rossco.

Latest posts