Tathra beaches.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth a try....I went in March and swung the Fisher from Eden to North of Batemans Bay (there's a lot of sand to cover) but found the parks and playgrounds far more profitable.

I had some luck at Broulee though with it being a shorter high rising beach head and very popular, around the flagged area.

I don't think there's too many coin shooters, I certainly found a lot of goldies pretty easy off the beaches, might have done better with more local knowledge, seems to me though the beach heads are very long and wide, a lot of walking between targets....perhaps I was too late with Summer giving to Autumn with someone already cleaning up.

I tried among others, Merimbula main and Short Point, Tathra main, up and down Dalmeny, Horse Head, Broulee, Moruya, Bermagui including the beginner beach for surfers on the north side, and Batemans & Batehaven at every beach head. I thought Dalmeny, Tathra, Merimbula & Bate haven would have been great but turned out to have very little under the coil including junk.

Batemans Bay, the main park in Tathra and Merimbula park were all good off the beach options, not amazing returns but worth a swing.

Try Doug for a bit of further info in that area, he might have some ideas.

My stamping grounds. LOL
Up close to the Surf club could be productive as the beach has
just recovered from a wash away.
Flick me a pm when you are down and we will head to the Country Club
for a few refreshing ales. :) :)

Latest posts