Advice on a pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridge Runner said:
The trouble with all of those is the frequencies are all too Low, which is why I stayed with the older Whites Bullseye II, which runs at 36 kHz all modern PP's run at around 13-14 kHz and Lower which is fine for Detectors but useless for pinpointers.

John.

Can you still get these?

HoudiniHarry said:
HoudiniHarry said:
Yes I am in the same boat. But I did sneak a trial (in the spirit of testing the battery )

Well I have been using the Xpointer Wader Li for a while now and yes it is very accurate and a cool piece of kit. Less false signals and easy to see in the field.

How does the battery go on that unit? It is rechargeable yes?

Bear

Hi

Just wandering what the best pinpointer brand is. Had a look and they range from around $60 to $300. :) :)

The Garrett AT Propointer is a pretty good unit, and waterproof. Had the Whites TRX and Minelab Profind, and the Garrett is easily the best all-rounder with regards to features, LED light brightness, and proportional audio. If you can't extend yourself for the orange AT version, there is also the black Propointer 2 which is water resistant.

I would recommend the Nokta Pointer which is completely waterproof and available for $185.

The Garrett and Whites pointers are also pretty good.

Be careful on eBay. Lots of fake Garrett pointers for sale - only buy from an authorised dealer.

Have a nokta. Don't like the on/off switch which is located on top, side switch is easier to use. Used mostly on the beach and sometimes when put in a pool of water it goes off and doesn't locate the target. Just sings and says yep ur in the right spot keep looking.Dont have anything to compare it to but it seems to do the job alright.Great little time saver.

I have a Garrett AT and has been pretty good for me most of the time, but it gets into a silly mood sometimes and I just have to turn it off and on and start again... might have to repeat this two or three times but then it comes good in the end... :Y:

Don't forget the two new offerings from Minelab which should released in the not too distant future (Profind 15 & 35). The Profind 35 iron check tone should be useful on iron infested sites when multiple targets may occur in the same hole (ie rusty nails).

Thanks guys. I think I will go with the minelab as my detector is also minelab.

I would recommend the XP pointer, if your not using it with a Deus. Many, including mine suffer from disconnection issues. You have to restart your machine, and headphones to fix it. It's great when it works, which is most of the time....but too often it fails me.

rocketaroo said:
I would recommend the XP pointer, if your not using it with a Deus. Many, including mine suffer from disconnection issues. You have to restart your machine, and headphones to fix it. It's great when it works, which is most of the time....but too often it fails me.

There is a beta update available which should fix this problem.

We'll install the update in store for anyone who needs it.

Clegy also has a link to the update on his Facebook page.

Maldon Gold Centre said:
rocketaroo said:

There is a beta update available which should fix this problem.

We'll install the update in store for anyone who needs it.

Clegy also has a link to the update on his Facebook page.

I did the beta update, as Clegy suggested, and the problem hasnt gone away. Getting a bit over it, have asked clegy to help me out, by swapping out the ws4s, mi6, coil, remote, individually in hope that we find a fault. I dont understand, why it does not happen one hunt, then next hunt is plagued by it.

It's not your specific detector Rocket, mine does it as well - moreso in conjunction with the HF coil than the older ones. Maybe we should discuss it in more detail in the XP section.

For what it's worth my two favourites are:

1. Deteknix Xpointer Pro
2. Pro-Find 25

At well under $200 the Xpointer Pro still beats the pants off most others for features and stability.
The Pro-Find 25 has a nice audio, and the quick adjustable sensitivity is still a feature unique to the Minelab's which I find suprising

Gday all...
Just wondering what Pinpointer is considered the best overall?
I havent got one yet but with the gpz i need one!!
Any ideas?

Hey Ramjet, thanks for the input, what's the difference between the m16 and the garrett carrot?
Are they detector friendly?

Latest posts