Flowpan by Goldhog

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's another product from Gold Hog. There always looking for new innovative methods to speed up processing. Honestly, I don't have one...but watching Doc use it...I really think (without trying to blow my own trumpet) that I could keep up if not exceed the amount of material he moves with the 15" Super Sluice I use.
I'm not sure how it would go on fine gold....as when you go to stratify the material some of it washes out of the holes on either side....
just my take on it. I hope to be proven wrong and it is the best thing since gravity for prospectors. :D :Y:

Looks to be a hand operated river sluice.

Good idea though. So simple and effective it's stupid.

I see he even angels it.

It does look promising. Ive been wondering what I could fit into a day pack as I think my 15 pan is a little too big and I like the idea of not having to classify. My only query is what would you use to wash out the cons, a 10 pan?

Did you order yours from the states Chris or is there a local supplier?

I'm a pretty slow panner, so i don't think i could keep up with my pan, but I'd love to get to the speed you do rusty. (I hear practice helps, who knew)

I did notice he caught fines in part of the video, so we maybe in luck.

Keeps us posted Chris.

Thanks for the info all.

Looks good, but not too sure how it would go with clay soils.
Is it just me or does it look like the part of the creek he is working is a tailings buildup from highbankers? IE very loose material and easy to pan.
Maybe I'm just getting too cynical in my old age. :|

He said he used clays, but when poured out of the bucket it looked dry and powdery. So i suspect not to well on clays you dig out straight from the creek when everything is stuck to it.

Latest posts