need help on buying a Garrett ace or international.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls. I'm looking to buy a Garrett ace pro around $570 of Amazon for beach metal detecting. Would the USA version be able to pick up our coins or do I need to buy the international model.

You can use either, some actually prefer the US version vs the International one. Don't think you can purchase from the US version of Amazon, Garrett generally won't sell aboad and your warranty will not be honoured here (ie warranty only honoured if bought from an Oz dealer). Might have to wait till Amazon Oz is up and running properly - of which it isn't to date.

[/quote=Goldpick] Even with Amazon protection plan I'm sure someone around me could repair it. Dose the us version pick up our coin in its tone range. And how well u know is it in finding jewerly on the beach.

Garrett ACE Pro ???

There is a Garrett ACE 300/400 on Amazon Australia, that will ship to Oz.

This came straight from garrett in america (years ago now)
And I recon it seems to work alright here(some would say I could do better with my hunting I'm sure) ]:D
now I must admit to not knowing if this is actually screen set up as aussie or merican as I don't usually screen hunt hardly at all, I just hunt by sound tone and proximity analysis
1511483372_screenshot_2017-11-24-10-24-30.jpg

And just for those of you that need to know-
3rd led section from the right is still keyed in and working (just doesn't light/show up anymore). :Y:

If you are talking about the AT Pro and not the Ace series, here is some info on the differences between the international & US versions.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=256

If you are looking at the Ace 400i, here are the differences between the international and US versions.

International -
Redivision of mid-tone/high-tone audio break points
Increased number of Iron Discrim pixels
U.S. coins removed from target legend
Variance in Mode/Discrim patterns.

Problem with the international version is that you will get a high tone for anything falling between 50-99, whereas the US version is more favourable for Aussie coins and predecimals with those coins providing a high tone between 75-99. The latter is a more common ID range as with most other coin detectors, the international versions were built with European targets more in mind. Really up to the individual on what ID range scale they prefer - some might actually prefer the greater spread of the International version for relic hunting.

Latest posts