all ready for summer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
ripped the top off the Perentie today :Y:

S1YnM2j.jpg

looks awsome tuna,i like those 6 wheel ones to,one in Kal up around the corner,they reckon the isuzu 6 goes forever,hope ya dont get stuck behind a truck on banya rd,so no quad to get to spots,just the landy?

Goldchaser1 said:
looks awsome tuna,i like those 6 wheel ones to,one in Kal up around the corner,they reckon the isuzu 6 goes forever,hope ya dont get stuck behind a truck on banya rd,so no quad to get to spots,just the landy?

thanks mate, got two quads and still use them but this thing has a few more legs and can carry the genny and ummmm....stuff :D

The 6 wheelers were nice and I near on bought one. The Isuzu motor is a ripper! A lazy truck motor and does it all without raising a sweat.
A mate just bought a brand new in the crate- never been fitted 3.9 turbo for $600 from the govt auctions.

yeah those 6 wheelers are like a blank canvass,could make a great prospecting bus with one
used to send a few collectable old cruzas to the usa ten + yrs ago back east,they never got a diesel landcruiser in usa,so imported alot of 2hs,1hzs,12hts etc,then yrs later they got onto the isuzu 6s,someone started making adaptor plates and the motors they were pulling out of small trucks over there and turboing some to....

First run out prospecting today in the new toy. Love it! Can climb a lot of stuff my Cruisers struggle with and seems to do it effortlessly.

While the camo stands out in a domestic type environment.....

ps13Kkz.jpg

in the bush it just blends in with the surrounding shrubbery, if it wasn't for my friends Val and Karl I'd never have found the damn thing!

jixXuDd.jpg

:Y: looks the goods MT where did you purchase it from / price range if you don't mind me asking.

Hi RM,
Australian Frontline Machinery are the agents for all the ex mill stuff and flog it off once a month through Greys on line auctions.
Prices vary due to age, condition, variant, kilometres plus how many are going through the auction that month. Anywhere from $8000 to $15000

madtuna said:
Hi RM,
Australian Frontline Machinery are the agents for all the ex mill stuff and flog it off once a month through Greys on line auctions.
Prices vary due to age, condition, variant, kilometres plus how many are going through the auction that month. Anywhere from $8000 to $15000

shite there cheap,inspired me to have a gander about,quite a few on gumtree,standard 6 wheel about $30k the cheapest,thats alot of truck,you see the new cruza utes converted to 6 wheelers,have to be talking $150k plus easy,why would ya bother when you can buy these,tuna is yours turboed,i thought most of them 3.9 isuzu were non turbo standard,two 6 wheelers i sqizzed at were turbo,check this one out

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tin...rhomes/the-ultimate-all-terrain-rv/1152858242

Nah non turbo, all the 6x6's are turbo'ed.
With it came a whole host of brand new spares...injectors, starter motor, alternator, snorkel, still in the plastic bags.

Plus we have a Landy graveyard here and it's surprising how much is interchangeable.

cairnspom said:
Alright for you buggers that still have hair!....my bald pate would be fried to a crisp without a hat! :D
Your bald plate should be referred as a "cabochon" My hubby has a nicely shaped Cab himself! And has a vast collection to protect that valuable gem! (CABOCHON ancient greek for bald head) Definitely named by a bald rockhound! :(

Latest posts