Xterra 705 Beginner

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Got out of bed early this morning and headed off to a local beach in Mandurah to try out my new Xterra 705, browsed through the manual, watched some vids yep its a whole new game as I have given gold prospecting a rest for a while. I thought the GPX 4500 was a difficult machine to master but after lots of reading and watching vids and 2 years swinging the coil I eventually got the hang of it and even found some gold. I spoke to a mate who has a 705 and he gave me plenty of info and settings to try, so went with his settings and it paid off I found $11.30 in just over an hours walking really happy with that and I can only improve with time and patience. I stuck to the dry sand mainly with sensitivity 20 machine ran quiet and the targets where loud, I was'nt using headphones. I got false targets on the wet sand but knew this would happen, maybe play with settings on my next outing.

Cheers
Kev

1511139853_img_1430.jpg
1511139925_img_1429.jpg

Nice one mate and well done on your beach outing.... For wet sand I run it on Auto Balance Tracking, I don't use beach mode as it's too volatile, Threshold on 6 Sensitivity 20 and 25 I used auto tune noise cancel for each beach I go to and just remember that setting for when I revisit again. I Cancel all the - minus discrimination and also 2,4,6, 46, 48 See how that goes for you...The great thing is that when you hit a Target it screams at you unlike the chatter which you get used too....I am Running my 10"5 inch DD Round 18.75khz coil on wet sand and in water and it's quiet as a mouse.... :) Of note this coil is not waterproof, it's weatherproof and will go okay in rain and washable but hey it's new and I am taking a chance that it won't leak until I can silicone the connection... :) :Y:

Thanks Golddiggerart, I will try your settings next time I hit the beach, will post report.

Cheers
Kev

Latest posts