Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I'm cooking the family a spit :Y: Lamb, Pork and Chicken.
1509764085_img_20171104_135151.jpg

Too hot here 30c to go outside. Actually haven'"t been using the barbie for at least 12 mths. Will be soon after seeing some of the food being made here--yumm!! ]:D

Thanks all, yep it went down like a treat :Y: bloody good local butcher put it together :Y: gotta love a good butcher. Just listening to a few tunes and quenching a thirst :Y: around the fire. Hope you all find some gold other than the food variety.

Yeah Looked like a great day was had. I love spit roasted meats. Last one I had was a whole pig ,whole side of beef and Chicken at a party a few years ago.

Or will shortly cook:

CHICKEN CORDON BLEU

1 chicken breast per person
1 slice of Swiss Cheese per person
1 slice of leg ham per person
Plain flour
1 tablespoon ground paprika
40g butter or margarine
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup water
2 chicken stock cubes
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 cup cream

Spread chicken breasts flat, cover with clingfilm and hammer a bit.
Place cheese and ham slices to fit on top. Fold breasts over filling
and fasten edges with toothpicks.

Mix flour and paprika, use mixture to coat chicken pieces.

Mix wine, water and stock cubes.

Fry chook over medium heat in hot butter or margarine. Cook until
browned on all sides. Add stock mix. Reduce heat to low; cover and
simmer 20 minutes.

Remove chicken from pan and remove the toothpicks.

Blend cornflour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into pan (it
may be necessary to drain off some liquid first). Cook, stirring
constantly, until thickened. Serve over chicken

Serve with rice and peas - or, today, broad beans - yum! :)

Fired up the Weber for a, first time for me, pork knuckle.
A full chimney of leftover heatbeads, some charcoal and for the smoke, some hickory and banksia.
Salt and oil and on a baking paper lined tray.
Cupla hours later I put it direct on the grill for several minutes.
It was a mighty tasty late Saturday evening feast. :p
Sorry, no veges, but there was beer O:)

1511010510_p_knuckle_1.jpg

1511010511_p_knuckle_2.jpg

1511010563_p_knuckle_3.jpg

1511010563_p_knuckle_4.jpg

Cheers,
Billy.

Good Evening All,
On a recent hunt, Diana the Greco Roman God Of The Hunt was in a good mood and I returned home with a bountiful supply of prime young Fallow venison. To nights dinner comprised of a whole rump seasoned with salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh garlic. The Baby Weber Q was set up in bake mode and the smoker box loaded with well seasoned snow gum saw dust.
1511174169_capture.jpg

1511174143_20171120_190213.jpg

Mr's SinHof prepared a selection of veg to bake while the Weber worked its magic with the venison, the end result was a fab meal, the venison was beautifully tender and the flavour was just great.
1511174513_20171120_193338.jpg

Its meals like this that makes being a hunter gatherer and the work that goes into getting game meat home in excellent condition well worth while. To round out the meal; desert was fresh strawberries marinated in a fine Hunter Valley port followed by coffee, in all a memorable meal and one that will happen again.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks for the comments guys, will pick up a couple of fresh bread rolls up the street later and have the last of the roast as cold cuts with some tomato and pickles; lunch is sounding pretty good.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts