1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a day !
Rain in the morning, waited for parts until lunch time , then the mate gets 2 fire call outs in the afternoon !
We finally finished at 7:40 with the engine back in the engine bay ready to start connecting every thing in the morning..
I am hoping its not going to be another long day ...

The only hard part about a Prado V6 motor is the
two top Bell housing bolts. ]:D
They are an absolute pain in the butt. :mad:

Well its finally finished..the engine is in and every thing works as it should .. best part .. it runs like a dream .. :D
Now I only have to put the bull bar driving lights and fix a few wiring issues ..

Was not able to get the trailer draw bar extented and weld on the Treg trailer hitch and drop down legs, that will have to wait till the other mate has some spare time to do it for me..At least now I have a decent vehicle that can tow the camper.
Its like a weight has been lifted :D

1511012117_25.jpg

Tathradj said:
Fantastic News. :Y: :Y:
You did swap the alternator I hope. ]:D
Swapped it and found out that the problem was a loose fuse conection and the other alternator was not charging the battery .. So had to put the old alternator back in. Its now charging at +13 ...its 4:55 am.
I'm up early to go for a drive to Newcastle with Lance and pick up a jet ski and also see if there is any issues with the Prado.
When we get back we will do an oil change and bleed the brakes.
After we finish every thing, I will hook up the camper and head out to Sydney to pick up a roof basket and then drive to Gulbourn to drop off a package to a mate for a mate ;)
Its going to be a long day , but I am looking forward to the trip... :cool:

Latest posts