⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1510898627_20171117_170326.jpg

A little something from Dunolly today....found inside the rim of an old timers hole. :Y:

It went 1.03 but has a little bit of quartz inclusion so maybe just under 1g
Hoping to head out tomorrow for the day if anyone is keen? Im thinking south east of bendigo, i have been studying an area that looks interesting and not really worked very much as far as i can see

Well, decided to go for a prospect today, in between the rain, and arranged a time with Northeast to catch up.
I had been at it for an hour before coming back to the car and meeting up. Nearly stood on a brown snake, that was a good way to focus!! I froze and the The snake slipped into a hole in the ground. Started looking a little more carefully after that!

I had found the last couple of pieces in a particular area and suggested to Northeast that he should run the Zed over the area and see how it fairs. Well after a bit of a chat we got to it.
Not more than ten minutes into it. I showed where the wife had found a little piece, and all of a sudden the Zed was humming a nice tune!
Both looked at each other with a smile. I thought maybe a bullet.....

Nope! After a bit of digging, Northeast had it in the scoop, was about to seperate it then said, "I can see it" hmmm must be a bright little nugget.
Very nice surprise when he showed me his hand, what a ripper, both of us were pretty happy. He's a bugger though! I insisted he keep it, as I missed it and wouldn't have likely found it, he said no, I insist it's your spot, it's yours! This went on for a bit....damn Gentleman!
Mate, the next ones you hopefully find are all yours. Always a pleasure as always!?

Cheers, Elusive
1510994627_image.jpg

1510994932_image.jpg

1511171984_3c98b928-fc65-4b9d-ac5b-351cd887b584.jpg
nearly didnt bring home any. When I got the last bit stuck my hand in the pocket to get the container and well I ended up with a really bad feeling like I havent felt before. Oh shit bugger shit plus a few more. Found it after about 5 minutes on the ground near where I got the previous piece. 8.( :mad: :8 :D :Y:

Good stuff Bill. One step closer to that magic mark. This would have to be your best day out to date. You wont sleep tonight thinking about it. Well done.

Cheers

Les

Latest posts