Walking the bush in Mogo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spent the day walking around the bush in Mogo with a friend, both of us armed with XP Deus machines. Didn't find any soft yellow metal but boy, we sure cleaned up a lot of rubbish left behind, mainly in the form of .223 blank cartridge cases. Given the amount we found in a relatively small area there must be thousands of the damn things out there.
Neither one of us had any any idea of where to look, so I guess for the most part we were just walking and looking at the bush. Found many very deep shafts. Next time need to have a look in the gullies.

Mogo is a funny place for blanks, you can detect a patch and not find one shell, then try a spot and find one every couple of inches, they do my head in

mate at least you found something you could have been like this bloke
1510554262_5.jpg

Hi wish I had of known you guys I spent last few days down mogo trying to find some yellow stuff I was on my own cruising in a black Subaru u may have seen me wandering around out there

Purdon85 said:
Hi wish I had of known you guys I spent last few days down mogo trying to find some yellow stuff I was on my own cruising in a black Subaru u may have seen me wandering around out there

No matey, we didn't see a single soul all day. We went to a couple of locations and there was just no one around, at the locations we were at or even driving around pretending we knew where we were going or what we were doing.
We did keep an eye out for anyone that would take pity on a pair of escapees from the nursing home, but alas that didn't happen either.

Whisp said:
Purdon85 said:

No matey, we didn't see a single soul all day. We went to a couple of locations and there was just no one around, at the locations we were at or even driving around pretending we knew where we were going or what we were doing.
We did keep an eye out for anyone that would take pity on a pair of escapees from the nursing home, but alas that didn't happen either.

A pair of escapees from a nursing home. :lol: :lol: :lol:
How did you two manage to get away from the carers mate?
8) We will have to keep an eye on you naughty boys. :lol:

diggin4gold said:
Whisp said:
Purdon85 said:

Yeah OK, ya got me, maybe it wasn't the nursing home ....coulda been Mogo Zoo. :)

Whisp said:
diggin4gold said:
Whisp said:
Purdon85 said:

Yeah OK, ya got me, maybe it wasn't the nursing home ....coulda been Mogo Zoo. :)

Maybe not so old after all.
Must be a "newbie" thing to "pose" ;)