Sun valley diatreme fossicking . Blue mountains nsw

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has looked in the creeks surounding sun valley near springwood . Been reading up on it as its pretty close to home , apparently the valley is a exploded volcanic neck due the fact that its one huge basin there is very little chance of material going anywhere but back to the bottom? .thinking there maybe there could be a few agates, geodes or even the odd gem down there somewhere? Cant find any info at all on the web of anyone looking down there. Just curious to know if anyone has given it a look?.?.?

Expect to be treated with extreme suspicion - not many leave the highway for Sun Vally. Not sure where you would look down there. I thought it was all pretty much privately owned. There used to be a farm/shop down there so it may be worth getting info on access from them.

I am planning to take a walk through valley heights creek . It wraps around the public reserve which is basically on the very top of the diatreme from what i believe to begin with then see where i am able to access that isnt national pk or private owned . just speck around and see if there is anything that looks promising as in mineral that i havent seen elsewhere on my walks around surounding areas.

Have bush walked in Sun Valley. Sorry, even if you were able to go down 100 metres you would probably not find any thing interesting. Euroka Clearing is the remains of another old vent.
Local info coxsroaddreaming.org.au/wp-content/uploads/Geol-Blue-Mtns_CSB_edited.pdf

Cheers,
Jerry

thanks for the feedback jerry . That was the same paper i had read . The lapstone "rickabys creek" information really struck my intrest as well

Warrimoo?

I was bushwalking around Warrimoo near the overhead high power lines in the valley of the last bushfires looking at the regeneration and fossicking around.
Any history on the geology of Warrimoo? After a severe rain the dry creek on South side of Warrimoo can gush with water for days as it runs towards Glenbrook.

Latest posts