1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, maybe it could be a sale in QLD only, But the Latest cattledog I got yesterday has them on Special for $99...
]:D ... Just had a look... QLD only... the only store in NSW is at Tweed Heads which is listed in the Cattledog with the QLD Stores...Sorry Bud..

Wonder if NSW will have the same Sale Soon?

LW... :rainbow:

No Worries :Y: ... Before I got mine, I could not believe people would pay $200 for a Rusty one on Flea-bay. But they Do... Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.... O:)

LW.... :rainbow:

Finally removed the old Prado engine today, ready to install the semi reconditioned engine.

1510735901_image.jpg

This is my mate Lance .. He rebuilds jet ski engines and he hates doing car engines , so I am very lucky he is helping me to fix the Prado ...
1510735929_image.jpg

If all goes to plan... We should have it installed tomorrow and running by Friday ..fingers crossed..
:D

We spent most of the day of cursing laughing getting frustrated a break at lunch time for fish and chips and then back to more cursing and complaining. Mostly about how I was more of a hindrances than a help.. :eek:
Im expecting more of the same tomorrow... :lol:

I have seen 3 drawbar failures in the last 20 years, the point of failure is that part under the trailer body where the A frame is attached to the trailer chassis in front of the trailer wheels is only a piddly weld and is subject to a substantial downforce perhaps cheap thin chinese steel and poor trailer design but looking at the common box trailer most trailers are built with that flaw

Waiting for parts and rain in the afternoon yesterday delayed play.. :( but this morning it looks like We can get stuck back into it again.. :)
When this one dies Gravity , I can garantee the next one I get will be a diesel ;)