Quote of the day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard Elvis say once you can be in the presence of thousands of people who love you and still be the loneliest man in the room. I will never forget it, my heart sank when he said it

Some of my favourites:

"A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done."
- Fred Allen

"When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasnt the slightest intention of putting it into practice."
- Otto von Bismarck

"The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor judge of distance."
- Laurence J. Peter

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."
- Albert Einstein

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
- Ernest Hemingway (1899 - 1961)

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a serious lack of imagination."
- Oscar Wilde

"I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake -- which I also keep handy."
- W.C.Fields (1880 1946)

"The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable."
- John Kenneth Galbraith

"Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral."
- Robert Orben