Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magilla said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Gilly47 said:
CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Gilly, I found the news clip but didn't play it to confirm the name. I should of known being ex RAAF and have talked to another ex RAAFie who used to be a Roulette pilot about them.

I'm too crook to sit on the computer all day and I look like having tomorrow off because of it so could you do me a favour and ask a question please. :Y: :)

Thank you

Cheers

Doug

The C-27 Spartans (also known as mini hercs) are performing better than expected Doug, their purchase received a bit of flack after most other countries cancelled their orders but indications are that they will serve our country well. I am not sure that I would want to try and land a 30t plane on a public road with gusting cross winds but the exercise proved it can be done. On the same exercise the plane was also landed on a sand strip (not dirt) that a farmer dozed in a creek bed for the occasion, this was also a first for the plane.

Magilla no problem for blokes with the skill levels like your son. Tell him I'm jealous as hell as it would have been a great adrenalin hit ............. and also to him well done :Y:

Bogger said:
Magilla said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Gilly47 said:
CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Gilly, I found the news clip but didn't play it to confirm the name. I should of known being ex RAAF and have talked to another ex RAAFie who used to be a Roulette pilot about them.

I'm too crook to sit on the computer all day and I look like having tomorrow off because of it so could you do me a favour and ask a question please. :Y: :)

Thank you

Cheers

Doug

The C-27 Spartans (also known as mini hercs) are performing better than expected Doug, their purchase received a bit of flack after most other countries cancelled their orders but indications are that they will serve our country well. I am not sure that I would want to try and land a 30t plane on a public road with gusting cross winds but the exercise proved it can be done. On the same exercise the plane was also landed on a sand strip (not dirt) that a farmer dozed in a creek bed for the occasion, this was also a first for the plane.

Magilla no problem for blokes with the skill levels like your son. Tell him I'm jealous as hell as it would have been a great adrenalin hit ............. and also to him well done :Y:

Thanks mate, I'll pass it on.

Whisp said:
The ship "Loch Ard"

Have you seen the peacock from the Loch Ard wreck. Last time I saw it, I was told it was worth $4 million dollars. They also had smaller versions that were found at the same time and they were selling them for $25,000.

Here's another one for the history buffs. Can you name the only two survivors from the wreck of the Loch Ard and where they were from ?

Mackka said:
I think Bogger was asked to submit a question, maybe.
Mackka

Twas not I ...................... was the Magilla as an easy answer for him given his son was the pilot :Y: :Y: :) :) :) :)

Think the two survivors from memory was a male and female ????? Not sure what colour undies they had on :rolleyes:

Latest posts