Metal Detecting aids for deaf people

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hAyyoUinAU said:
Heatho said:
Which Makro detector do you have? The Makro Racer has vibration, I think it's the first detector to offer this type of function.

Gold Racer

No worries mate, that's the only one that doesn't have vibration.

Cool project you have in mind. :Y:

hAyyoUinAU said:
I got it working last night using a portable 9volt headphone amplifier connected to a small transducer got it working pretty well.

And what is great is it is a cheap setup.

Just read a few posts of someone saying it is already available and as a vest. Smart stuff.

Oh well, at least it can be done by anyone with a spare $40.

GREAT STUFF

I won't bother thinking about blind people and detecting....for obvious reasons. :eek:
Cause they can hear ! :Y:

silver said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
I got it working last night using a portable 9volt headphone amplifier connected to a small transducer got it working pretty well.

And what is great is it is a cheap setup.

Just read a few posts of someone saying it is already available and as a vest. Smart stuff.

Oh well, at least it can be done by anyone with a spare $40.

GREAT STUFF

I won't bother thinking about blind people and detecting....for obvious reasons. :eek:
Cause they can hear ! :Y:

lol..you're funny...yeah that's why...lol

Hi I asked Minelab if they could incorporate blue tooth in there detector my hearing aids have it I can connect in to my phone, TV any blue tooth most theatres, churches,public halls have it I dont think it would cost that much. They told me they were coming out with a new device it was the wireless set up not what I was hoping for I guess they would loose out if they did, but would be a great help Ill put to them again

They may have heard you Noel. The new Equinox detector from Minelab can connect wirelessly via their proprietary RF wireless module (WM8) or via Bluetooth. Good news for those with Bluetooth hearing aides or a favourite set of Bluetooth headphones/earbuds.
There should be no reason that any future Minelab models don't incorporate it - for that matter it really should be available on all new detectors. The new wireless technology is small/light, reasonably cheap & low latency.
Another way to connect to your hearing aides would be to get a good Bluetooth transmitter such as Avantree Bluetooth Saturn Pro low latency (if compatible) & have it set up on your detector then paired up with your hearing aides.

The Nokta Impact has vibration.You can select it quickly by selecting it in the advanced settings menu. It has heaps of settings like enhanced volume to hear those faint signals. Night frontal light and lit up menu for night use.Frequency shift for better hearing for certain users, tracking for rapidly changing ground,etc. etc.

Maybe a vibration pad in the handle and colour inducation on the top plate of the handle

1516675545_publication1.jpg