SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks for the replies guys; yesterday I did not have much time so I decided to just dig any goldies that I came across, as it turned out they were all $2's.
The park has been heavily top-dressed and when time permits there are some deep targets that should be investigated, could be interesting. When puppy gets a bit bigger she can come detecting with us and dig up her own goldies for puppy food and holey mackerel has that stuff gone up in price over the years.
Take care, SinHof.

Your pup looks hungry SinHof :eek: ...better put that coil up in a high place :eek: ...she looks like a chewer :eek: :lol: :Y:
Got be careful with the two bangers ......they can be sneaky :rolleyes: specially when there stuck with a five cent :rolleyes:
Nice run..the Deus seems to be running sweet :cool: :Y:

Thanks for the words of wisdom B5, the Deus seems to sort out goldies in tricky places,like close to pipe seat supports and sign posts, two of the $2's were about 300mm apart and about that from a pipe holding a sign. I know for certain that I had swung the 3030 over the location, the odd sounding signals must have confused the 3030 and me as well, you never stop learning with this hobby, it's just plain good fun!!!!!!!!
Have a good weekend, Sinhof.
PS: At eight weeks of age, Elke is like all puppies and does have a tendency to want to chew stuff, over all she has not got into too much mischief and is great to have around the place, I/we are looking forward to when she can come detecting with us, some training first though.

Hi Folks,
Been a while since my last post here, too much other stuff happening that has kept me from doing any serious detecting. As per the last couple of years our little group of gold detectorists hit the gold fields in the week leading up to the NAPFA AGM at Wattle Flat this year. Part way through the week while crumbing around the old mine sites the 7000 let out an interesting tone/sound and after a serious amount of digging out popped an 1826 George the fourth shilling, an interesting find and my oldest coin to date; both sides of the coin show considerable signs of wear, not surprising given its age, the date and other details though can be seen fairly clearly in an enlargement. The 3030 had a couple of runs in the vicinity of several remnants of old-timers camp sites with the usual junk finds, nothing of any note came to light though.In all it was an interesting 12 days detecting and to top it off our group managed to come home with a reasonable amount of gold each as well, it was also good to catch up with and meet PA members new and old at the NAPFA AGM.
PS: We even managed to come up with some Xmas ham, well next Xmas that is.
1510546107_20171113_131717.jpg

1510546171_20171113_131650.jpg
1510546202_20171108_064012.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone, SinHof.

That woulda made the hunt hey !
silver coin on a gold dig.
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Thanks for the kind comments folks, it sure was a surprise find with the GPZ7000, I have access to a number of other spots where the old diggers were fairly thick on the ground, just need to make time to swing over them all.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks KTM, the shilling was a nice bit of value adding to the trip, the gold collection, particularly the 69 gram slug was the real high point as you might imagine, can't wait for the cooler weather to return.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Took the CTX3030 for a paddle today for the first serious beach hunt for 2018, should have bailed out of bed earlier, the tide had bottomed out and was on the rise by the time I made it to the beach. Was able to put in about an hour and a half before it got too hot and the tide had risen too far, the beach was pretty flat after the big seas last week. Some interesting rings and a few goldies made the hunt worthwhile, will have to get a bit better organised this afternoon and have another crack at it.
Cheers all, SinHof.
1516490287_20180121_092534.jpg

1516490320_20180121_092100.jpg

Ring a ding K I N G for the day mate :eek: (maybe the whole year yet)
Top score !
:Y: :cool: :Y:
:party: :party: :party:
:rainbow: O:) :rainbow:

Thanks guys, it certainly was an interesting morning, there is at least one more interesting target there that I will endeavour to rescue on the tide later today, noted some marks so it should not be to difficult to find again; will also take the big sand scoop to shift greater amounts of sand in the water, the normal dry sand plastic shovel was a bit of a pain under water.
Stay cool, SinHof.

G'Day Heatho,
Not too deep mate, the beach is pretty flat so was from zero to about 45cm depending on the wave action/movement, the big coil is an arm full to swing in deeper moving water, OK going with the wave action but near impossible trying to swing against it, it keeps wanting to plane up off the bottom. Plan on having another go later this arvo, chase the tide down rather than up.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts