⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All PA'ers,

Its been a while since I posted any of my finds and I thought it about time I make more of an effort to share in my excitement :) with others, and also help stir up that enthusiasm in everyone of us to get out and strike it lucky. After trolling thru some old 1939 mining reports [wow what a wealth of information] I decided to give a new spot a go. I did a recky of the area spending over an hour walking around and the big thing I noticed, lots of old timers workings and no detector holes ;). This meant one of 2 things, either all the gold was gone or no one has been out in recent times to detect the area. Myself personally I get very excited when I come across an area without modern detector holes. So off I set and within 1 minute I struck my first target a nice .5g pieces water worn. I kept working and yet another piece .2g water worn. It only got better the next target was about 18inches down a 5g piece water worn. At this stage I was a pig in Shite and the best was yet to come. Under a large dead tree branch a nice low high signal very subtle and easily missed. I cleared the area and 3feet and 1hr later out popped a whopping 20g piece [SG weight]. The best part of the day was I then had to race home and watch my sons Basketball team win 32-25 :Y: a great day in all.

1510525959_combined.jpg

Yet once again the power of the Z has amazed me the GPZ14 snagged this 20g piece @ 3feet in [High Yield/Difficult, Sensitivity 11] amazing for the coil size.

Rgds Tryhard.

G'Day Folks,
Made it home yesterday from the last gold detecting trip for the season, it was a great nine days detecting with good company. This time out the gold god/s were in a good mood and we all found some colour, for me it was a PB in terms of a particular find, triple that of my previous best.
1510553710_20171107_091349.jpg

A magnificent water-worn slug going exactly 69 grams surfaced from under a rock the size of a milk crate, the 7000 gave its location away with the strangest of signal to a point where I almost walked away thinking it was a junk target, luckily curiosity got the better of me and I started digging. Dragging the last of the loose dirt from the now 450mm deep hole I spotted just the top surface of the nugget, could not believe my eyes, "its gotta be a lump of yellow stone" I say to myself, 10 seconds later a hand full of dirt and the lump of yellow revealed its true nature. After the happy dance and the legs and hands stopped shaking it was back to the cruiser for a clean-up ( not my undies) and a mug of coffee to settle the nerves and get the pulse back to normal, I was one very happy boy to say the least. A further 10.6 grams found their way into the rattle jar through the course of the trip, 4.4 grams being the largest of that collection; forgot to take a picture of them due to the on-going excitement. With the hot weather approaching one will have to go coin and relic hunting in the local parks and beaches to fill in time and keep the swinging arm and body fit till we head back into the cooler months.
Cheers, Sinhof.

Congratulations tryhard and SinHof :Y: absolutely brilliant finds. Congratulations to everyone else who's posted of late. Me I reckon just getting out there is gold in itself :Y: for me it's not regular as I'd like. I'll get to a point one day when I can hopefully join the likes of the happy prospectors :Y:. So I'll just keep practising the happy dance as they say practice makes perfect.

Looks like the gold gods were happy where Tryhard was detecting also, congratulations there mate; many thanks also for the positive comments from everyone, it certainly was one-hell-of-a-thrill to see the colour just visible through the gaps in the dirt.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts