Ver 4 Problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh installmof 4.0, and no issues from two 3hr hunts :) I hope this stays good, as 4.0 was previously a problem.

It was mentioned on another forum that Andy Sabisch indicated that the official V4.1 was due in the next couple of weeks. Rocket, I also downloaded 4.0 a while back, and initially had no issues. Eventually the connection issues started to creep back in again, though still entirely unpredictable as I had no connection issues yesterday. Hopefully the fresh download works out for you, maybe they tweeked it a bit since I did mine. :)

I re downloaded and re installed ver 4 again and after less than half an hour the speaker stopped again and tried to get WS4 to work and then lost connection with the coil. I dont think the Mi6 pin pointer is the catalyst as I dont have one. I only went back to v3.2 to try and my Deus dropped the coil in 3.2 also but today I had to actually plug the coil into charger to get it to connect but battery is full.

I like the Deus and it ran flawlessly for over a year but now has become un reliable and annoying hense why I thought reverting to 3.2 would fix it. I suppose this is one of the draw backs of a wireless coil.

It is very confusing, aside from I've had an excellent run from my Deus since purchased - only been through one charging clip and WS4 backphone headband so far, and one other software issue that was resolved via an update. All I can say is that it is a lot tougher detector than first thought, mine doesn't get an easy life either. Also still on my original shaft, camlocks, remote mount and batteries which hold good charge.

Downloaded to 4.1, still same issues although this hunt, problems started within the first 15 minutes , and then seemed to go ok.
Still not a hugh problem, but a big pain in the neck.
Looking forward to having this fixed re XP update????????

4.0 is stable for me, not an issue since I reloaded it about 5 hunts ago. I suspect it's not hitting small silvers, as well as 4.1 though.

trev111 said:
Downloaded to 4.1, still same issues although this hunt, problems started within the first 15 minutes , and then seemed to go ok.
Still not a hugh problem, but a big pain in the neck.
Looking forward to having this fixed re XP update????????

run 4.0, it's looking stable.

Goldpick said:
It is very confusing, aside from I've had an excellent run from my Deus since purchased - only been through one charging clip and WS4 backphone headband so far, and one other software issue that was resolved via an update. All I can say is that it is a lot tougher detector than first thought, mine doesn't get an easy life either. Also still on my original shaft, camlocks, remote mount and batteries which hold good charge.

Mine, 1 broken camlock clip, one ws4band, 2 remote clips, and one of three charging connectors, no longer work. I dont treat it like a princess either, its a tough rig in most respects.

Have updated to 4.1. Seems to have fixed most of my problems. However, when turning on the PP, it sometimes takes some time to switch on, although the detector shows that it is working. On one occasion, I had to turn off the PP and then switch back on.
Still a pain in the ar............

mine has been fine for 7 or so hunts, since using a fresh install of 4.0 I wont be updating again, unless its a guaranteed bug free release.

Glad I never updated. Mine doesn't miss a beat. Only issue I've had is the coil never seems to fully charge no matter how long I leave it charging.

4 hour hunt today. Absolutely no problems. Went like a beaut. Using the 4.1 update

Another 3 hours yesterday ---Still no problems other than p[npointer occasionally taking a bit longer to turn off and return to the coil.
To make sure that detector coil is working, after returning from pinpointer, I slip a ringpull into my shoe and wave the coil over it. Saves time and aggravation.

4 hours this morning. Same old poblem came back. Turn off the PP and the coil fails . I had to turn it off and then back on to get it to right itself.
It happenend once in gthe first 5 minutes and then about 4 times. Hope XP can get it right soon

Latest posts