English half penny????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, it has been a very long time since actively participating due to life in general being hectic. Though had one of those finds that I just had to put up and hopefully get a bit more info. I reckon it is a KG IV half penny 28mm in diameter and images are below. I have soaked it in olive oil and given a rub with a microfibre cloth. It is definitely going into the collection as a new fave, but as I can't see dates I wanted to see if could get any assistance or confirmation. If so the coin predates settlement of SA that's why it would be the favourite
1510049741_image.jpg

1510049912_image.jpg

Close ups Ferozn1, so we can see detail mate.
:Y: :p :Y:

That looks the go Silver. Like all the finds it makes you think how it got there and how long it has been there. Now definitely my oldest find to date :Y: :Y: :Y:

Yes there are lots of earlier ones. You just need to find which one of them it is. Here is a coin dealer I use. Wynyard coins. 3 Barrack st Sydney. Try them to find out. they might be able to help you.

Latest posts