Queensland Durakai GPA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAyyoUinAU, yes watched the gents in the video...looks like the Puddler area at Durikai and the creek just near the old miners grave site.

No gold from detecting last week-end but did get a half a dozen specks from a 1/4 bucket scrapped from crevices.

So good advice mate....you are spot on !

MikeB05 said:
HAyyoUinAU, yes watched the gents in the video...looks like the Puddler area at Durikai and the creek just near the old miners grave site.

No gold from detecting last week-end but did get a half a dozen specks from a 1/4 bucket scrapped from crevices.

So good advice mate....you are spot on !

No worries buddy. Might see you out there next Sunday at the Garret Detector Day. (And yes, I will have my bucket with me as well just in case)
I don't like going home without any gold. :D :D :D

I havent been out that way yet but I have 2 weeks off work and want to head out that way. Not sure which one to go to Durakai, Thanes or Talgai. I dont have a detector but would like to do some crevicing/panning, theres some great comments here regarding Durakai, are the other places worth a look ? Is there water in the creeks to pan with ?

Cheers
Berticus

ps, sorry if this is a dbl post first one didnt look like it worked

Berticus said:
I havent been out that way yet but I have 2 weeks off work and want to head out that way. Not sure which one to go to Durakai, Thanes or Talgai. I dont have a detector but would like to do some crevicing/panning, theres some great comments here regarding Durakai, are the other places worth a look ? Is there water in the creeks to pan with ?

Cheers
Berticus

ps, sorry if this is a dbl post first one didnt look like it worked

Thanes Creek would be ideal for you. There will be water in pockets here and there depending on rain events.

Good luck

Well, had another crack on Thursday at Andos patch...but no shinny stuff...more led...then tried my luck in Thanes creek & Talgai...more led lol Still finding crap is fun, but would be much more fun when i find a nugget!!

just over 4 weeks ago after many years of people saying they couldn't find something, they pulled out over 20 nuggets from near the Puddler area.
It is there, hiding from you and from all of us.

And the lead is just there to keep you sane and to let you know your detector and ability are fine. You just haven't swung over the right coloured lead. lol

Keep the persistence up, the more time you spend detecting the higher you increase your chances. Everytime you stop detecting, you are stopping your chances.

Good luck buddy. It will come soon.

True, most of that lead was between about 15-30cm deep and in good cement like gravel...so sounds like just need to find that yellow patch!! I know its out there...just gotta persist like you said!

Puddlers is just up from Hunts head/gully right.?? which is not approved fossick area?

Sweet! I've got a couple weeks off over the holidays so will be doing some camping out there...obviously not in the state forests lol, so may see some of you guys out there! Good luck to everyone and hope you all get nuggets for Christmas! :Y:

Dan78 said:
Sweet! I've got a couple weeks off over the holidays so will be doing some camping out there...obviously not in the state forests lol, so may see some of you guys out there! Good luck to everyone and hope you all get nuggets for Christmas! :Y:

I will be heading to Durikai within the next few weeks so might see you there.

I want to go see what all the fuss is about there being no gold left. lol. :D

Hope you left some gold for us Busted knuckle!! haha

stupid work Christmas parties are interfering with my nugget hunting getaways lol

earliest I can escape is on the 21st damit!

Ahh well!! at least you got out there!! I can't wait to get out there again next week! Ive done bit more research and going to different area in Durikai with new waypoints on the gps!!

fingers crossed for a Christmas nugget! :Y:

Dan78 said:
Ahh well!! at least you got out there!! I can't wait to get out there again next week! Ive done bit more research and going to different area in Durikai with new waypoints on the gps!!

fingers crossed for a Christmas nugget! :Y:

Research is key. Especially out there, or you can spend days finding nothing. Hopefully once my car is ready I will be heading out too.

Good luck.

Well different spots and with research marked on the gps headed out...and still no gold lol...bigger bullets, heavier lead.. etc..but no gold dammit! would have been about 3oz if only it was gold hahahaaaaa

The Heat was pretty good out there! car read 40c!! lots of water, lots of holes...but i will be back!! and will find a nugget!

Latest posts