NSW Gold Reef & Mine Map with Fault lines?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhbutch

John
Reaction score
I recently saw a map which showed all of the gold reef locations and gold mine locations past and present in NSW over laid on top of it was a the fault lines.

The map was showing how all the gold reefs where following this fault line and the mines that sprang up around them.

I meant to take a copy of the link so I could review it better latter, but I didn't and now cant find it again.

Has anyone seen this map or something similar to it for all the search on Google I have done I cant seem to find where it was.

Thanks again for the assistance, if I manage to find it I'll link it here so I don't lose it again.

Yeah I would but every two weeks I clean out my hard drive and dump all cache files and history and you guessed it along with the location of that link.

Thanks for the idea thou.

Hi Jhbutch,
http://dwh.minerals.nsw.gov.au/CI/warehouse
The link above has all the information you are looking for, make sure you have the latest version of google earth installed, open the above link and click OUR DATA IN GOOGLE EARTH in the top left corner. The link will auto load GE and in the left column once GE is up and running have a look at the various headings and sub menus, it's all there.
Good Luck, SinHof.

No problem mate, there is a fair bit of info to look at there, I'm still finding new tricks hidden away in the data files to look at and put to good use, I hope.
Bring on the cooler months.
SinHof.

new map links standalone there now awesome but not easy to learn but its vital for real finds not just specks where 10000000 already been u must go beyond the known areas read the land and be rewarded all am saying fr a paleo and geo educated person who now 52 is goin for the yellow

sinhof has seen what i have , good luck may the first in be the heaviest laden bro ! modern geo and new tech can mean a new rush but its 2017 so it will be a hush hush rush among mates i assure you of that at $1600 an ounce and said to get to 10k in 5yrs its gold thats the next big commod .gold will be currency worldwide by 2050 ill be dead but mark my words on this ....printing paper is the demise of superpowers , their so called gold reserves are all but empty in US , euro has plenty here we have too . hold it if can , im pretty well cleaned out by nasty ex(ran off my brother , aka nev n kel on mkr 2016 !!) so my first few finds be gone but i will try to put away nest eggs if found !!

You can get or could get Metallogenic Maps , hard copies . These show all the fault lines and mines , in colour . One I just put my hand on is Canberra Sheet SI 55-16 . This is from NSW mineral resources , from what I remember they were expensive about $50 .

All the mines are marked on the map with a number . You then look in the mine data sheets and it gives you all the info. on that mine . The mine data sheets were published in book form , for the different areas of NSW .