I got my GPZ 7000 Today and I am stoked

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a few geos on this forum. Hope they'll pipe in.
Here's one of mine:
1503302341_img_1388.jpg

BigWave said:
I have speccies of that black Quartz, and have seen an open cut mine in the Dunolly area following the black veins. What mineral is staining the Quartz? I understand the reds/browns (Iron), blues and greens (Copper). Maybe a Manganese?
The black is basically iron too. Most likely an iron oxide like magnetite or hematite/limonite.

mbasko said:
BigWave said:
I have speccies of that black Quartz, and have seen an open cut mine in the Dunolly area following the black veins. What mineral is staining the Quartz? I understand the reds/browns (Iron), blues and greens (Copper). Maybe a Manganese?
The black is basically iron too. Most likely an iron oxide like magnetite or hematite/limonite.

Would that be the same in my one too? The yellow samples on the right. First time I have seen it that glossy...almost looks like liquid but isn't.

MikeB05 said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Putting in some more hours tomorrow with ZED. Can't wait. :D :D :D :D

Good luck mate..it seems you're based out of Brisbane...might run into you somewhere in QLD (Gympie area for me as well as Warwick)

Hope the Zed brings you heaps. :)

Me too, and thanks. Would be good to meet up with more people in the field.

Till then, SLOW AND LOW!!!

I will report back on tomorrows outing.

Loved the old fellas reaction when he finally found a piece. Priceless. Good on him.
Now he can get his new tooth. lol
Almost brought tears to my eyes.

Latest posts