My New Coffee Press.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this new Stanley coffee press just so I could make fresh coffee out in the bush which will come in handy because it makes just about a litre which is enough to fill a flask,

This press has a thermal value as well as being able to boil the water for the coffee in it and another thing I like is that once you have pushed the press down you can then use it as a thermal mug,

https://www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/adventure-cook-brew-set

Here's a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4BDLfaWls

That looks tops and is reasonably priced, might have to get one. I'm so bloody addicted these days, ever since buying a fancy espresso machine for the Mrs a couple of years ago, we had the pod one and that was pretty good, but I think we doubled the intake with the new machine. I went out to the kitchen the other morning and we were out of both beans and ground coffee, no instant in sight.....figured I could handle one day without the brew....holy crap did I have a headache that day!

AussieChris said:
That looks tops and is reasonably priced, might have to get one. I'm so bloody addicted these days, ever since buying a fancy espresso machine for the Mrs a couple of years ago, we had the pod one and that was pretty good, but I think we doubled the intake with the new machine. I went out to the kitchen the other morning and we were out of both beans and ground coffee, no instant in sight.....figured I could handle one day without the brew....holy crap did I have a headache that day!

I always have a dozen jars of instant on standby just in case, I too have always been a serious coffee drinker so I know how you feel, I stayed at my Aunts place once for a couple of weeks and I could not work out why I was so tired then I found out that the coffee she was buying me was decafe, I was sleeping for 12-14 hours a day, lol :eek: :mad: :mad:

EDIT, PS, let me know if you have trouble getting one and I will see what I can do.

J.

Occasional_panner said:
RR, mate what's going on are you a bloody stanley rep or what? Hope you are getting lots of free crap for the amount of plugs you give them.

No mate I'm not and I bought everyone of them my self, And it all started because my Thermos branded 2L flask broke at the base after beinging used once and when I was putting it away it fell through the box from less than 30" and a 2" lump of plastic snapped off the base ruining it, So then I went in to a local camping store and saw they had the Stanley "QT/1.9L flask and that it was all steel so I bought it, Then I checked em out on the internet and there was so pretty bold tails on there, and then last year I needed a couple of smaller ones and some food flasks so I bought them,

Then a couple of months back I noticed people were saying that the old models were much better etc etc, So I thought that I would put any doubts to rest and get to the bottom of it because I got sick and tired of all the BS basically, So I bought 1 or 2 of each type of the more common ones used models Including a made in the USA Vintage one from 1979 and another food flask that I bought in 1998, So I think I ended up with a Dozen or so of them,

All of them performed well just as Stanley said they would and some by design work even better, Now I spent weeks testing them having only ever put boiling water in them I cleaned them all and started giving them away.

As for the Coffee Press I have a Glass one but there is no way would I take that out in the bush/off road so then I saw this one and thought it would be perfect, Not only that it makes enough Coffee to fill the average size Flask, where most only make a 1/3 or half a Litre, This one makes 946mil and It just so happens that it is Stanley who make it.

J.

Lol, Yes I do, But I prefer testing stuff out when the TV is full of junk at night,

Not only that most of the reviews are biased because it don't say Made In U.S.A. on the bottom any longer and so the reviews are mostly BS and lies, but the truth is they are better than the made in the USA models.

Latest posts