KT-6808 Chinese Tumbler

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess it cost, about a month of goldies for me.
1508998397_received_1209643805846810.jpg

They came up great mate. Some good looking coins but others as you say are not going to come up no matter what you do. Keep finding them. A lot of pre decimal currency come with errors, these are called Varieties. I have quite a few around 500 possibly even more . One I have the front is at 9 o'clock to 3o'clock while the back is 12 o'clock to six o'clock. It's worth a good amount. Did not find it though I have been a keen coin collector for many years. It came from my fathers collection.

Cheap enough,looks over engineered to me hope it last :Y:

My Lortone just has an On/Off switch - Simples :)

cashgoldsilver said:

lortone will prob last longer, but you paid for it to ;)

cashgoldsilver said:

It's a good machine and works great which is what matters in the end....The Lortone is also a good machine....They both do the job. :) :Y:

Seems to work alright
Maybe a different medium would work better on the modern silver
Those good pennies came up great :Y:
What is the project ?

I have an antique smoking stand, missing the glass ashray, anyway I use it to rest a drink on. I am going to stick the pennies around the circumference, where the ashtray wouldave sat. I am going to try gravel on modern silvers.

Cool ...
I have a couple of those myself ..... somewhere :rolleyes:
Both are jacobean twist ;)
Have a very ornate brass one too
Oh ye ...and a very chunky alabaster/marble one

Sandta said:
Cool ...
I have a couple of those myself ..... somewhere :rolleyes:
Both are jacobean twist ;)
Have a very ornate brass one too
Oh ye ...and a very chunky alabaster/marble one

mine is just bakelite, and wood.

I know this is an old topic but Ive just ordered a KT-6808 tumbler and wondering now you have some runs on the board what would be best detergent, and medium for cleaning up your spendables ??

Rattail-1927 said:
I know this is an old topic but Ive just ordered a KT-6808 tumbler and wondering now you have some runs on the board what would be best detergent, and medium for cleaning up your spendables ??

Yes just a drop of dish washing liquid because it foams up a lot. Being spendable coins I run my one on full for a full hour... changing water and adding a drop of detergent at 30 minutes.
As long as most of the dirt is removed you can then drop them straight into White Vinegar and they come up shiny within seconds most of the time but don't leaver them in too long as they will turn pink... lol :) :Y:

Im hearing u , I tried electrolysis..... I had two dollars in it , it melted the clamp and turned it a pinky orange colour and it wont come off . When you add dish detergent do you have water as well ?

Latest posts