New Nokta Au Gold Finder detector in the works?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
Also, many users prefer the "old design" being knobs and switches as you can just look at the panel and immediately see your settings, and very quickly make the necessary adjustments. The Au can also be hip-mounted, so with the supplied 5" coil it is the lightest detector on the market (together with GB2 with the small coil).

No detector is perfect, that's why there are 100's on the market.

I totally agree with this post and your other post above about adjustability,

Screens are nice and great to have, But the most fun detector I ever had was the Musky ADV, No screen just Bleep and Bang. I like the AU and it offers great value for money and performance,

J.

So what you are saying the Nokta Gold+ goes deeper than the Impact because its got a "Gold" sticker tagged to its name. Get real!!! And you think its all metal mode is better than Impacts all metal mode? and goes deeper.Think again.The Impact is Nokta,s flagship and has all the features of all the previous other models and more because it is the latest model out,just like the next Nokta model produced should be better than the Impact.For someone who has never used the Impact in deep mode and is using an older model VLF without the proper frequency and features,it comes across a bit rich.

The only users who would prefer rotary controls would be someone who is intimidated by new digital technology and having to use menus. I admit it takes a bit of an effort but we all have to move with technological changes. Also I agree there are lots of people like that and Nokta is only capitalising on bringing out a product which will fill that demand in the market.New technology can sometimes be counter productive and cause lots of stress for users,like new cars, and I would always prefer to drive a 15 yo car for their simplicity.

oldtimerROB said:
The only users who would prefer rotary controls would be someone who is intimidated by new digital technology and having to use menus. I admit it takes a bit of an effort but we all have to move with technological changes. Also I agree there are lots of people like that and Nokta is only capitalising on bringing out a product which will fill that demand in the market.New technology can sometimes be counter productive and cause lots of stress for users,like new cars, and I would always prefer to drive a 15 yo car for their simplicity.

That's pretty rediculous argument Rob, as an audio engineer I will use extremely complex digital gear all the time that make the most expensive metal detectors look like toys. Though I do actually prefer analog gear that has knobs, buttons and switches, ironic hey.

Back on topic, this thread is about the Nokta Gold Finder. I'll start deleting posts otherwise. :Y:

oldtimerROB said:
So what you are saying the Nokta Gold+ goes deeper than the Impact because its got a "Gold" sticker tagged to its name. Get real!!! And you think its all metal mode is better than Impacts all metal mode? and goes deeper.Think again.The Impact is Nokta,s flagship and has all the features of all the previous other models and more because it is the latest model out,just like the next Nokta model produced should be better than the Impact.For someone who has never used the Impact in deep mode and is using an older model VLF without the proper frequency and features,it comes across a bit rich.

The frequency is just one part of why a detector can see gold, As others have posted.

I did not say the Gold plus is deeper, and the AU Gold Finder is already in the deep mode because that is the only mode it has, and my machine was released in 2013/14 and I think I bought it last year of the year before, either way it has some serious Grunt.

When I first started using detectors with a meter I think some of the fun was lost, The best Gold Machines don't have a meter, But saying that I would miss the GND Meter, I like to know what the ground is doing.

Guys, this thread is about the AU Gold Finder, 56 kHz, not the Fors Gold+ 19 kHz.

But just to correct some statements, the AU Gold isn't locked in Deep mode in the sense as the Impact deep mode. The Deep mode on the Impact is a slower recovery mode which will punch a little deeper if swept slowly, and if ground minerals allow. The AU Gold Finder has a Deep Disc mode, which like the Impact, I'd only recommend for mild ground conditions.

In nearly all cases Gen/All-metal mode will go deeper especially on smaller targets. The threshold gives you the ability to hear the faint whisper signals which are lost in silent search Disc modes.

The AU Gold Finder manual can be downloaded here:

www.noktadetectors.com/downloads_au-gold-finder-metal-detector.asp

PhaseTech said:
I think the Gold Racer is like a Racer with a much higher frequency, but can still be used for coins/jewellery.

The AU Gold is more like a modern day Fisher Gold Bug, with Auto ground balance and tracking.

Why do they list Auto ground balance and tracking when the two are basically the same thing, ?

J.

Ridge Runner said:
PhaseTech said:
I think the Gold Racer is like a Racer with a much higher frequency, but can still be used for coins/jewellery.

The AU Gold is more like a modern day Fisher Gold Bug, with Auto ground balance and tracking.

Why do they list Auto ground balance and tracking when the two are basically the same thing, ?

J.

Auto is a ground balance reset, or Grab

Tracking is continuous ground balance

PhaseTech said:
Ridge Runner said:
PhaseTech said:

J.

Auto is a ground balance reset, or Grab

Tracking is continuous ground balance

Yeah but you could say they are both the same thing because Auto GB is tracking the ground when set to Auto and it is also what some machines do it when they are locked, many people don't realize that even when working in fixed some machines still track the ground,

I think the two are part of the same thing, The tracking is what the Auto GB dose and vice versa. when companies list it as two separate things it makes it sound like you are getting something extra when your not, one is what it does and the other is the process.

Auto, grab, quick-track, reset or whatever is usually a very fast auto ground balance. Usually used when you are actually searching with a Fixed balance.

Tracking is intended to be used while searching, so the auto balance "speed" is a lot slower.

On the AU Gold the Tracking has it's own dedicated switch, and the Auto balance is on the ground balance knob.

oldtimerROB said:
The rotary knobs on the AU would have to be 4 inches in diameter to give the same delicate control as a 0-100 digital control as on the Impact,its only common sense.

Off topic posts have been deleted.

Rob, may I suggest that you start your own new personal Impact topic elsewhere, I'm sure some feedback will be appreciated in its own area (you were warned on page 1 by Heatho).

I'll state it again, this topic is dedicated to talk on the Au Goldfinder. If you have nothing positive or factual (ie. assumptions based on personal opinion) to bring to the discussion, or feel the need to continually post off topic info, deletions will be made - thank you.

I had a Whites 5000D for 32 years until a few boxes went missing when in storage.It had rotary controls and very noisy in the GT and had to be GB,d constantly.It could not disc. out hot rocks but could with rusty iron. I would not consider using that bastard as being fun.

I think the AU Goldfinder is a very under rated machine, Those rotary controls do allow for fine tuning pretty much like you can on the GP/GPX and a few other brand machines, If they stuck on a very basic meter for the ground readout and some form of ID It would fly off the shelf, But as it is with those knobs makes it one of the better LF machines.

J.

These are the targets I found when I got that bit of gold. 10c coin for size comparison.

1512171393_20171026_163207-1.jpg

I have recently realised you can mount the control box upside down. This improves the balance a little, but ground balance control is a little too close to my fingers.

1512171575_20171127_185350-1.jpg

Looking at purchasing my first VLF machine. I have narrowed it down to either the Au Gold Finder or the Gold Racer. Still on the fence at the moment.

They both have their advantages and disadvantages.
To put it simply, I see the Gold Finder as the work horse. With no screen, and IP54 rating it is a little more robust. Will also be better in dusty and/or humid climates.

The Gold Racer does have a target ID, so is that little bit more versatile if you decide to use it for coin/relic detecting. The Gold Racer is a little lighter and cheaper, but the Gold Finder does come standard with 2 coils. Also Gold Finder can be hip-mounted, one of very few gold machines that still offer this.

Little special on the Gold Finder at the moment: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product-category/specials/

Sorry to dig up an old post,i would have loved one of these with the dials for the settings but for something that is supposed to be basically a gold racer the price difference now is significant.Also I don't think I could bring myself to pay more for one of these than the newer Gold Kruzer.
I realise they were brought out for Kellyco so we are lucky to have any for sale here.