Information for X-Terra owners (305 505 705)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jayse, the easy way to put it is no, treasure machines are that and gold machines are that, in saying that any detector can find gold and any detector can find treasure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd suggest getting a good coin and treasure machine then add a gold machine after finding the money to pay for it, will also give you good detecting experience
I started with 1 now I have 2 and soon I will need 5 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just my thoughts,
Look at the Makro Gold Racer, there's a range of coils for it and I will be good both for gold and relics.

And then if you want to hit the beach most detectors are only so usefull :rolleyes: :lol:
If your hunting in junky parks you need something good enough to discriminate junk :rolleyes: :lol:
What treasure hunting are you aiming at decimal coins and jewellery or deep pre decimal coins :rolleyes: :lol:
So many different avenues to go down
Just remember a cheap detector will get replaced, what ever you buy needs to be able to resale easy to get some money back but if you buy a higher end machine you may keep it and never sell
If your only looking for a cheap start check these out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJX8ricN9nc
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5199
Heatho proved it's capable
cheap detector that if you don't like can sit in the garage and be a hat stand :rolleyes: :lol:

B5MECH said:
And then if you want to hit the beach most detectors are only so usefull :rolleyes: :lol:
If your hunting in junky parks you need something good enough to discriminate junk :rolleyes: :lol:
What treasure hunting are you aiming at decimal coins and jewellery or deep pre decimal coins :rolleyes: :lol:
So many different avenues to go down
Just remember a cheap detector will get replaced, what ever you buy needs to be able to resale easy to get some money back but if you buy a higher end machine you may keep it and never sell
If your only looking for a cheap start check these out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJX8ricN9nc
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5199
Heatho proved it's capable
cheap detector that if you don't like can sit in the garage and be a hat stand :rolleyes: :lol:

Very cheap and you wont feel guilty not finding gold.

Jayse said:
Hi everyone.

I am wanting to start out on my first adventure to prospect for gold as a hobby. I have been looking at the Minelab X-terra range and need some advice on the 305, 505 and especially the 705 which I see the coils can be changed for either gold or treasure hunting.

I already have the pans, sieves and pick all I need is a detector :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Jayse
Hi Jayse, it would also help to give your general location or state you live in as it will also help determine the type of detector required for gold or treasure hunting.

hi to all
I'm in Tasmania and looking to try my hand at metal detecting in and around the old mine workings throughout the state.
also want to search around old towns and ruins plus check out beaches,foreshores for anything valuable.
having read a lot of entries on the forum here I'm more confused about what I should buy that will do all the above at a realistic price for a beginner like myself.
could some one steer me in the right direction please,need a good entry level detector up to a grand to locate coins ect plus the ability to uncover gold in the soils
around Tassie. something that is user friendly and uncomplicated would be great.
thanks mark

Welcome to the forum Mark, might pay to start a new topic of your own vs tagging onto the end of someone elses, might get some more replies/suggestions that way. Cheers

Hi

Thanks for those links and all the hard work from you to put it all together. Much appreciated by a newbie. I have the 705 model.

Hey guys. Looking at a 305 at the monent and was wondering what they cost new? Found a good second hand one and wondering if they are asking a good price for it
Regards.
Jack

It's brand new supposidly in box and the bloke wants $260 for it. So I'm considering it as a first off hit. doing some research on the machine. And willing to learn it if it's worth learning it sort of thing

I would think that is not too bad a price, you can always check with Minelab how much warranty is left if it is supposed to be brand new.

Latest posts