Australian stockists? Who sells the Angus Mackirk range of sluices????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who sells the Angus Mackirk range of sluices ???? I'm in Qld. I'd like to be able to see as many models from their range as possible either on line or locally.

I bought a few last week from Aussie Detecting and Prospecting in Bendigo.
He will post them to you.

Thank you guys heaps.

Now I just have to choose between the Scout, Recon or the Grubstake as a prospecting sluice for still or slow flowing creek work.

I am definitely going to be getting the BOSS AU to run off a pump or use as a high banker set up so thanks again for the info.

cheers Paul :)

Geoff from prospecting supplies is the Australian distributer I know he got a new shipment in two weeks ago

Hi,
Would anyone know if there are any Angus Mackirk river sluice stockists in Australia?

Central West Prospecting Supplies in Mudgee did have a few left but it was awhile ago that I remembered seeing any in there. Haven't looked lately but if you give them a call they may have something left.
Looks like most suppliers have dropped the Angus Mackirk sluices probably due to import costs/shipping? They are a great sluice.
Prospecting Supplies used to have them as well but now sell a range of Eldorado ABS plastic sluices. Can't comment on what they're like but they do look very similar to the Angus Mackirks.
http://www.prospectingsupplies.com.au/products/336-eldorado-stream-sluice-small.aspx

Hehe mbasko you beat me...

I think prospectingsupplies have or had them? Although I think they have switched to Eldorado (pretty similar ABS drop riffle)

I wanted to get a Predator 3 but the Aussie Dollar might as well be the Lira when it comes to shopping US/CAN. The postage kills it everytime, at best ship it domestically to Myus.com and pay about half the rate of UPS/Fedex.

Yeah I think those CWPS were one off's

1507874270_predator3-2.jpg

Danielkrupski said:
Great concentrator the predator 3

Yeah I had been looking at them for a while and then got to see one in action, a mate has one set up on his back deck with recirculating tubs and it works a treat. I was at his house for a bbq and we immediately gravitated towards it then proceeded to run 6 or 7 buckets of cons through it with a beer in hand. My missus told me that after we had had 4 or 5 beers each we were whooping and hollering at nearly every little picker, sapphire or zircon that dropped out hehe. Seems about right :lol:

I mentioned in the earlier post I have a MyUs account and address and can't recommend it enough when it comes to US international shipping, the postage works out pretty fair on that unit as carriers like UPS and FedEx which are standard shipping on most sites take into account not only weight but dimensions too.

Weight 2.04 kg
Dimensions 91.44 x 30.48 x 17.78 cm

Guys I think you will find that Angus MacKirk in Canada has ceased business.

There may still be sluices available in various outlets... and I've also been told that someone here in Australia was making a similar ABS tough grade moulded sluice A mate bought an Aus version and didnt like it, so not sure what they are like.

I have two MacKirk sluices....Recon II backpack sluice and the larger Alaskan.

Both operate on bugger all water flow and pressure given the drop riffle design. They are a great unit and easy as to clean out. Tough as anything

Shame they have shut shop, but I am pretty confident they are no longer around.
cheers
Mike

Update: looks like the brand Angus Mackirk is now being made in the US. Prospecting supplies Australia used to sell the originals and may sell locally or US made units

Thanks Chris, that MyUs site is a ripper. Like you said saved over half the shipping cost. :) :) :)

Ordered and paid for an explorer 11 but he mailed me back the next day saying he was out of stock. I could wait 2 weeks or have an eureka or expedition for same price. Went for the eureka. Might have to get a rectangular bucket though don't think it will fit in a round one.

Hehe hard call, yeah the Explorer II looks good, has those little pockets behind the drop riffle and like they say, fits into a bucket for easy clean up. The other 2 look great too Eureka has some kind of 2 step design (maybe that explains the price jump) then it just comes down to extra length vs extra width.

http://brokenback.ca/?orderby=popularity&s=Angus+MacKirk&post_type=product

is this the place? 3x Explorer II Sluice in stock they claim.

Good luck! sooner you get it the sooner you are on colour!

Latest posts