Licence

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All
Just wondering,do you need a special license for beach & Park detecting for coins in WA.The only one i have is the miners right.
Thanks in advance Rod

I wouldn't think so,but to make sure if it worries you give someone a phone call like the local council,but don't tell them I sent you 8)

Yendor said:
Hello All
Just wondering,do you need a special license for beach & Park detecting for coins in WA.The only one i have is the miners right.
Thanks in advance Rod

No licence is required, Rod.
Please stay off playing fields and the like, fill in all holes (if possible, dig them invisibly in turfed areas) and remove all trash dug.
Good luck! :rainbow:

Any beach resorts will be a potential NO GO as their licences usually extend past the Low water mark.. Same as National Parks.

Be respectful of any others and FILL YA HOLES. See too many that just leave it for the tide... Not a good look and of an evening older people etc can get caught...

Thanks all,I have been doing it for years in QLD & i am over in WA for a few months so wasn't sure and yes i do fill my holes,that is one of my pet hates when i see others not doing it,and thanks all for the prompt replies.Cheers Rod