Origins of heavy elements

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you are right, I saw that on the news this morning.

They also believed the earth was flat for a long time too.(Scientists) lol

We are the Jewel in the Universal and yet we keep looking afar. Can't find a plane with 300 people in it but they can tell us what is going on light years away.

I think its all a waste of money, time and effort. It should be spent on better things.

Moons probly got a huge lump of gold in the side facing us ,.... theres a reason it don't spin round n round more than just enough to keep the same side facing towards Earth.
Not rocket science to work that out (could be some other type of heavy metal ,.... but I like to think it's G O L D. :p

Tidal friction don't account for diminished revolutions unless theres a big lump a sideways in the moon somewheres.
otherwise we all be like facing the sun lol

I'll fight em for my freedom :mad: ;..... besides Tassie would be way too cold for me ! :p

madtuna said:
So what would happen if they rounded up all the worlds fat people and relocated them to the one spot....say Tasmania?
It would sink ! ]:D

I hope they are right about gold in space , and hopefully it rains gold one day :D (although it would ruin the global economy) :rolleyes:

I think the gases , extreeme preasures and heat in the middle of a planet would be more likely to form gold than the collision of two stars .

But there is plenty of reasons to make me believe gold is an alien element to earth as it does have very unique properties.

They also tell us micro bugs are making gold by doing poo's , so its up for debate how its made and hopefully they never figure it out .

BigWave said:
I once did a calc of the density of a neutron star, and I still remember the result to this day: 63 million tonnes per cc.
If you dropped one of those, it would go straight through your floor boards :)

And keep going until it got to the centre of the earth! Or is that just a schoolboy myth?