Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out again today for 2 hours in Castlemaine, picked up 5 small nuggets for 0.44gm. Boy i need to sort out some headphones and an booster or something, some of the targets are so faint!

Thats 1.16gms so far, not too bad for a couple of half days.

1508039361_gold_2.jpg

Hey Plastered81 you are killing it mate, very well done. Maybe you need to have a look at the new SteelPhase booster as everyone seems to be wanting one.
:Y: Continued success.
Mackka

Its a cracker of a machine mate, just a little on the quiet side. Ive only been prospecting for about 12 months and only got 1 small nugget over that time with the SD2100. Ive had the SDC for less than a week and picked up 17 little nuggets already.

Got another 3 small ones yesterday at Castlemaine.

:Y:
1508372389_20171018_155537_resized.jpg

Have been looking at buying a second hand sdc that still has some warranty left. Three questions I would like an answer for. 1 Does the warranty cover loss of sensitivity ? 2 how do you prove loss of sensitivity if any ? 3 is there much variation in performance between any two working units ?

I think the operators would have more variation in sensitivity than the sdc , i havent heard of any dud machines or super freak ones either . But who is swinging it and the weather and ground conditions definently make a difference.

Thanks aussiefarmer. I am just worried I might buy a blue beeping plastic brick and they then argue its performing normally. Maybe I should be more positive.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a few tiny nuggets/pickers from crevicing. I will see if it can pick up any of these.
1510685196_20170911_103945.jpg

Hi Guys

Got myself a new SDC 2300 have been out a few times and now the detector seems it has a battery problem ..think i might of read something ages ago about it.
Its where the batteries seem loose or move around and its like the detector like restarts... been giving me the shits. I did retension the springs to tension the batteries up when I was out prospecting.
But would like to find a permanent solution.

Just wondering how many of you have had this problem and what suitable solution you used to repair it ?

cheers Triple J

Just wrap some tape around each battery one wrap should do the trick. It's a disgrace that Minelab are still providing undersized batteries for the price they ask :N:.

A couple of plastic drinking straws inserted into the batter housing between the batteries seems to stop excess movement of the batteries. I dont have any issue when using the Minelab batteries supplied with my SDC. Other option as stated above is some tepe wound around each battery but not too much or buggers wont come out.
good luck
cheers
Mike

Thanks for the ideas fellas

They are the Minelab batteries that came with the unit ... mmm thought Minelab would of sorted this out by now

Cheers Triple J

G'day all SDC2300 owners, I experienced the same problem out one day in the bush , broke a bit go green twig and shoved it in-between the batteries problem fixed but the problem arose 2 years into operation the sec intermittently so figure that one out I remembered the post about the positive battery terminals being different in size all good now, retuned my sdc to mine lab to check a speaker type issue which also appeared to be intermittent

Latest posts