Free to watch Lasseter's Bones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the deleted scenes part is most interesting I think the reef has already been found but 300 miles in the opposite direction to where everyone was looking for it. the first part with the hills matched exactly with lasseters description in his diary maybe there was an enrichment zone along the 10 mile reef that they didn't know about it certainly can be overlooked or missed. worth metal detecting it at least and doing some basic soil samples each side of the reef maybe even putting a few drill holes down on it. I have also found at Dunolly Victoria certain reefs contain large 4 to 8 gram reef gold specimens only in between the contact zones of certain slates anywhere else along the same reef tends to be very barren this could be the same kind of case in the deleted scenes where they showed them at the reef supposedly sampling it. but I guess it could all be a big fat story but his description of those hills sure look like 3 women wearing baronets.

another thing I want to point out just because a quartz reef looks barren doesn't mean there's no gold hiding in it if in doubt always crush several samples along the reef to see what's really in it because like the reefs at Dunolly there are only certain places or enrichment zones along it.

I have some proof to this as I made a video on the reef I sampled at Dunolly showing how much you can get in certain enrichment zones and when I thought I had cleaned out all the gold from this reef I was quite surprised to dig in the same barren quartz another half a meter in and I ran into another rich patch I guess the other name I call these types of reefs are patchy reefs because you can mine along them on gold then all of a sudden the gold stops/runs out but I now know this is a meth the gold never runs out you just have to run into another enrichment zone that was never found or mined at a deeper depth or longer length along the reef or sometimes both. just my 3 and a half cents worth.

heres my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTySz5hnk4Y

if only those poor buggers had metal detectors back in the 1860s

1516008793_43.jpg

Follow the ridge line until it meets a tributary heading off to the north, follow the tributary until you can line up a lone boulder on the edge of westerly ridge with the western setting sun, there you will find a lone clump of spinifex. Ask the spinifex, but be aware, he can be a real prick sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts