Tengraph on Mac book

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping someone with better technology skills than I has managed to get Citrix and Tengraph working on a Mac book.

I've downloaded Citrix for Mac and have no issues logging into my DMP account, but when I start Tengraph it returns the error "Citrix was unable to log into account. Contact admin".

Any ideas would be appreciated :Y:

Mate same problem very very frustrating can't believe Tengraph does not operate on apple product . Hope someone has the answer as I am contemplating having to buy old pc just for Tengraph.

Thanks for posting

Me to. Wishing I kept my last 4 year old PC just so I can get this working...

Guessing I could partition the drive on my Mac then install Windows as the new OS on that partition....If that's possible...

More research required. I'll let you know how it goes. :rolleyes:

It's not that easy with a PC, I could not get tengraph and citrix to work together no matter what I tried, I eventually had to settle for the web version of tengraph which is not great.

Software required to access TENGRAPH Online (Non-Windows Users)

The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety provides only limited support for Non-Windows Users.

Citrix Receiver is available for non-windows platforms.

For users of Apple Mac OS X computers, the Safari web browser is not supported. This support will be provided for users of the Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers.

Support will not be provided for security certificate related problems for Mac computers, where the user has decided not to trust a certificate required for TENGRAPH Online.

Have you read this?

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Documents/Minerals/TENGRAPH_Troubleshooting.pdf

Thanks Secret Squirrels,

I've read that and unfortunately, like it says theres little to no hope for Mac help. Will keep trying thou... :|

With Tengraph online soon changing to Tengraph web new system have just shot off an email to find out if it will run on apple product will post reply when I receive it , fingers crossed for apple users.

Just got this reply.

I cant answer for the Department of Mines but the system runs on Silverlight which need Internet Explorer 9 10 or 11 to run it,. so will not run on Androids or IPhones whether DMIRS will build an app in the future I do not know.

Regards
Bill
Bill O'Connor
for W R O'Connor and U E Kaschner

Hi anyone use Tengraph on their Macbook , i have been trying to use on mine but not luck ..

Wayne.

Wayne,

Geoview works on the iOS system...

I used to be able to run Tengraph via Citrix on an early iPad....
This is now only supported with the later iPad whatever version it is

Tengraph and Tengraph View need Silverlight which is windows based ....
Check the DMP web site the trouble shoot section

Yes but i am talking Apple Macbook ,

i pads are ok to use i think its just these Macs seem to be not right for the job,

Regards

Wayne,

Not tengraph, but QGIS runs on Mac (I use QGIS but don't use Mac). Just checked https://www.gislounge.com/installing-qgis-on-the-mac/

Not sure what the new tengraph does? I didn't use it when getting some 40e's back in 2014, was easy enough mostly over the phone.

But for most mapping QGIS is really great. I wouldn't have a clue for much of what it offers. That said its easy enough to keep different projects, convert files types, edit vector files fast and efficiently via map or attributes file.... an endless lot of possibilities.

Anyone else here use it?

Gday Waynec,

Yep, I had a problem with that....
I use a MacBook, I could run Tengraph and my fav geoview no probs once I had downloaded silverlight
( call the IT help line from the website, team is very helpful). Only thing was when I tried to access mine reports or sample reports it came through all corrupted. I spoke to everyone I could at the mines dep, the IT dep from the website, the tech guys from Apple and even the local computer store chap and the only way foreword was a new cheap Microsoft laptop oooorr, partition your hardrive. I took the the later option. I think it costed about $100?? Cant remember. The cost of the Microsoft program anyway. You can do it yourself, I did and I dont know anything about computers. I just had the very helpful crew from Apple guide me. More than I can say for Microsoft, they were useless. The computer guy wanted to charge me $250 to do it.
You wouldnt believe the mission it turned into for me if I told you! It would take a novel. I lived a three day scene from Laurel and Hardy to get it done. Just make sure you have good speed Wifi access to do it.

I found geoview easier and more info on geology than Tengragh, but I needed Tengraph to do my 40es. - to get the pastoral lease owners details and I think to checkout ALL the other overlays on the land in question.

Jeff said:
Gday Waynec,

Yep, I had a problem with that....
I use a MacBook, I could run Tengraph and my fav geoview no probs once I had downloaded silverlight
( call the IT help line from the website, team is very helpful). Only thing was when I tried to access mine reports or sample reports it came through all corrupted. I spoke to everyone I could at the mines dep, the IT dep from the website, the tech guys from Apple and even the local computer store chap and the only way foreword was a new cheap Microsoft laptop oooorr, partition your hardrive. I took the the later option. I think it costed about $100?? Cant remember. The cost of the Microsoft program anyway. You can do it yourself, I did and I dont know anything about computers. I just had the very helpful crew from Apple guide me. More than I can say for Microsoft, they were useless. The computer guy wanted to charge me $250 to do it.
You wouldnt believe the mission it turned into for me if I told you! It would take a novel. I lived a three day scene from Laurel and Hardy to get it done. Just make sure you have good speed Wifi access to do it.

I found geoview easier and more info on geology than Tengragh, but I needed Tengraph to do my 40es. - to get the pastoral lease owners details and I think to checkout ALL the other overlays on the land in question.

Ha Ha i bet you could write a novel about it , some of the things the internet does to make our life simple makes it a nightmare ,,

Regards

Wayne.