Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone theres some fabulous advice there! Really appreciate the time youve taken to reply :Y:

Yeah they do seem to still be pulling about $3k......perhaps I am better to keep saving for a new one. Its a 3 year warranty isnt it?

Hi all,

Im looking at purchasing an SDC2300 brand new in store tomorrow and was hoping to find out what others had recently paid or what extras they have had thrown in.

At this stage the base price is $3590 and he will knock it down to $3500 and throw in a $70 cover.

What seems to be the going rate at the moment?

Cheers.

Hi,

Coiltek Gold Centre internet price is $3450. I'm sure you can negotiate for a few goodies with that price. I'm not in any way associated with this store or any other and I'm sure the other three Victorian Minelab dealers will match the price. If you are new to the prospecting game check out who offers a full day training with the purchase. This fact alone could be worth $250 Lucky Strike / Gold & Relic may offer the best package if this is a consideration.

AuTitch

Hi, I just purchased one off Ebay from New England Instrument Co. They are a registered Minelab supplier from Tamworth, tax invoice and full 3 year warranty.

It came with an extra skid plate and carry bag for $3390. I was also lucky enough to get $500 off that price as it was Ebays 18th Birthday so I got the detector for $2890 all up with the extras. Free postage also.

I know you are probably keen to buy tomorrow, but for anyone that has the time to wait Ebay sometime has 10%+ sales on if you keep on watching and be patient it could work in your favour. Just add the item to your shopping cart and keep on checking on their sales.

As autitch suggested, a free training day may come in handy, good luck, K.

If it's any help, eBay have presently got a 5% discount on items over $30 if bought using PayPal (limited to 3 claims and a maximum item discount of $300), running until 31 December. The code is P5OZZIE.

Cool, thanks for the replies!

It appears that buying online is definitely the cheapest option (which is usually the case). Unfortunately I'm hoping to get it tomorrow so it kinda discounts that.

Surely they would be able to throw in a few more extra's if I'm paying pretty close to full price. Im thinking, a cover, skid plate and bag or extra batteries wouldn't be unreasonable.

Cheers.

Miners den dropped $300 and gave me extra stuff when I got the 4500, must have been a slow week for them, I didn't expect what they gave me, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Occasional_panner said:
Miners den dropped $300 and gave me extra stuff when I got the 4500, must have been a slow week for them, I didn't expect what they gave me, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Was that the Bendigo or Melbourne store?

Maybe you could pay the price you listed up the top with the cover thrown in but then ask them to knock 40 or 50 % off a pro sonic.

The pro sonic with wireless ability and volume control are essential (I think) for the SDC. But overpriced for what it is :Y:

plastered81 said:
Occasional_panner said:

Was that the Bendigo or Melbourne store?
Melb store, I think it was a week or so after a special had stopped, but they still did it for me, if they had a good week they probably wouldn't have though.
I know when my business slows a bit I'm a bit sharper with quotes just to get some turnover happening.

Northeasts idea is a better idea, when they sell an extra item it gives them more room for discounting, and you'll probably get one at some point anyway.

So i got the SDC 2300, pretty much ended up paying the listed price but got a cover and spare set of batteries thrown in. I ended up doing the 12 months interest free so its a bit hard to negotiate. I would have only saved about $100 by not financing so why not.

Anyway took it out to the Whipstick and spend about 3 hours mucking around and didn't get any gold just birdshot ect.

After dinner i took it to a different spot with a mate and got 2 small nuggets in about an hour and went out again today and got another 7 in about 4.5 hours in a flogged out area, so I'm pretty happy with it. Smallest bit was 0.03 and the biggest was 0.20 for a total of 0.72gms, it certainly adds up and with time hopefully the daily takings will increase as i get used to the new machine.

Gold @$53 p/gm. 0.72 is about $37 worth = 1% of machine already paid for (thats how i will sell it to the missus ;) )

1507963615_20171014_172800.jpg

I can't use it without headphones though, i never realised how deaf i was, i can see what everyones talking about with the speaker being on the wrong side.

Cheers.

Latest posts